SnomOne PLus Call Recording Access

andrewgroup

We will soon install our first SnomOne PLus, 20 extension appliance and a major feature that help sell the solution is call recording. Now that we sold it, I'm sure the client is going to say, "How do I get the recordings." We will take delivery in a day or so of our first unit, and hope to find an easy way to share the recordings folder.

Ideally we should be able to turn on an FTP service, and share the recordings and CDR folder for access via an FTP client, or simply use Internet explorer.

The Interface should be able to create READ only user accounts for access, and perhaps accounts that can remove the recordings.

Will I see something like this, or am I just being wishful?

Cheers -

I think the easiest is to mount the recordings directory on the snom ONE plus, so that you can access it from the outside. I am not even sure if the snom ONE plus comes with Windows or Linux, but in both cases you can use the operating system to give outside parties access to the folder.

Thanks - reviewed and hope to have our first unit soon.

My guess is we'll likely end up installing or enabling CENTOS FTP, a quick script to make the recordings folder and the cdr folders shared by FTP. Create accounts and suggest clients simply use IE or windows Explorer to open the recordings folder VIA FTP. Will advise and update on this later.

time to think like users will be using snomONE--not network engineers and programmers. ;-)

a snomONE web user interface to find call recordings would be a good addition.

I remember using ARI with asterisk, what, 5 years ago?

http://what-when-how.com/voip/asterisk-recording-interface-ari-voip/

Also I see i'm not the only one that thinks this is a good idea:

http://snomone.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Web-UI-to-find-recordings--especially-conference-calls-/98816-11275

Just a suggestion to make snomONE better.

I dont know... I think it is important to know where the limits are. If you really want to give customers access to the recordings, you have to keep in mind these may be thousands and thousands of files; and you can not just display them all on one web page. Potentially encrypted, with complex rules who may access the files and who may achive them, running scripts on them at midnight. Searching for file names, speech patterns, dates. All those problems are solved in a efficient way in Windows and in Linux and BSD and MacOS, there is no need we have to reinvent that wheel. Windows even might do speech recognition on the WAV files, so that you can search for content (okay, that might be Windows 8 then).

For our windows based servers, we normally kill FILE/Print, but for systems with recording, we enable file share, and grant access to a local user name and password.

Then the designated client staff person allowed to access recordings has NET USE command line with the embedded user/password to map a drive to folder.

Ugly but works and they rarely access the recordings.

A much better interface would be to "Allow FTP/SFTP access to recordings and cdrs" as an option.

On this same selection screen create a user name and password for each folder.

Grant READ ONLY or R/W access to the users.

Install the SFTP / FTP server tool of your choice and share the folders to the users.

(Don't do anything more that this, and the rest with the interface)

Clients could access recordings and CDR's using IE, Explorer, or any number of SFTP/FTP clients. (Snom would be off the hook)

Simply install a centos FTP server, create local accounts, and share the folders, Voila'