voipfone.co.uk: SIP trunks from extensions not working

DLS

Hi,

I'm trying to set up several SIP trunks using voipfone.co.uk as our ITSP. I have a master account which I can set up as a SIP trunk and it works perfectly, however when I try and replace the master account with an "extension" account (add *200 to the account name/username and use the appropriate password), I get a 403 Forbidden first and then a 408 Timeout after that.

Does the SnomONE not support account/usernames with an asterisk in? I can't see any other thing that is different with the logon other than this. If I try registering directly on my Snom 821 it works fine with the extension account, just not when trying to register on the SnomONE.

If there's some troubleshooting I can do, please let me know what settings I need the logs at and what to look for.

Many thanks,

Andrew

I've checked what's happening, and when I change to the extension registration, there is no response recorded in the log from voipfone after the PBX has sent a registration (there are lots of "Tr" records).

I've logged a call with voipfone to see if they can help, but having spoken to them earlier today I'm not sure how far I'm going to get.

Anything I can do that will isolate the problem further greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner - found out the problem... it seems that if you change from the master account to an extension account, you need to reboot your server (or at least I imagine the PBX service), as otherwise something doesn't get changed in the settings sent to Voipfone. Rebooting the server cleared the problem.

Cheers,

Andrew