How do you set system time

citytelecom

I would avoid using *.pool.ntp.org for the time sync. You can instead use any local time server or the ntp.snom.com.

If you can ssh to the soho, you can use the standard linux command(As root, /usr/sbin/ntpdate ntp.snom.com) to sync the time.

I cannot SSH to the Snomome Soho. When I attempt to do so using Putty I get a 'Connection Refused' alarm.

have you tried connecting as root@{ip}:8722 you usually get connection refused if you get the wrong port.

I have managed to Putty to the system using port 8722. Do you know what user name and password I should use? I used 'admin' and no password for the

web interface but this doesnt get me in.

I would avoid using *.pool.ntp.org for the time sync. You can instead use any local time server or the ntp.snom.com.

If you can ssh to the soho, you can use the standard linux command(As root, /usr/sbin/ntpdate ntp.snom.com) to sync the time.

I have managed to log in using SSH. Could you give me more detailed guidance on how to enter an NTP site for the time synching?

Thanks,

Peter

After doing the ssh, you can type

/usr/sbin/ntpdate ntp.snom.com

and the mini should do a time sync.

The pbx.xml file has ntp_host which is set already set to ntp.snom.com and this will be used to provision against the phones.

(Note: If you are running the older version, then the ntp_host will be set to pool.ntp.org. You can change that to ntp.snom.com, manually)