Outgoing call Caller ID says Extension Name, how to change this

SFX Group

Hi

When making an outgoing call the Caller ID on the receiving phone says the actual name of the extension that is making the call. Like "Office Sales", this would be the extension name set in:

Accounts > Firstname / Lastname fields are used as the caller ID.

They are using a trunk here thats SIP, it works fine, however i cant find a setting in SNOM ONE that tells me what the caller ID will be? Ideas on this?

Thats great, however knowing it "can" do it, doesnt help me "find" how to do it.... there has to be a setting inside SNOM somewhere about CID (Caller ID).

I will add this isn’t to internal extensions, this is an extension ringing a BELL phone or Rogers phone, on the Bell or Rogers phone it says the internal Extension Full name "like "John Office".

Well unfortunately almost every service provider reads the SIP standard differently, especially when it is more than just registering a soft phone. That's why we broke up with the 4.3 model with a few drop-downs and instead made it possible to tailor the snom ONE SIP trunk to hopefully every service provider. The 4.3 drop-downs are still available in in the web interface as drop down menus. At least they are good staring points for optimization, e.g. changing the display-name.

I am totally with you; it is unsatisfactory to leave so much fiddling to customers. We thought about providing longer drop-downs with different service providers. But there must be hundreds of them if not thousands, and they are constantly changing. This is not something that you want to include in a software release.

I understand what your saying, however this doesnt help me fix the problem, where do i start here?

What part of SNOM ONE do i need to attack to stop the internal extension names from appearing in a caller ID on Bell or Rogers? (without breaking the internal extension names from appearing on each phone)

I assume it will be under the Trunk config somewhere or will it be a re-write rule (i hope not)?

You are aware if i ask the VOIP provider i am going to get "see your PBX manufacture" and you are saying "see your voip provider" which in itself is a non-resolution answer and the client will say "get another PBX" so shooting yourself in the foot... OR they will get another of there own that "works" for them when this one works very well, however with what i (and maybe you) see as a tiny problem, but for the client is huge...

Heres the problem, one extension is called "problem clients", when they called out what appears on the clients phone? i call from a company showing up on there phone as "xxx xxx xxxx Problem Clients", they lost the client and got a huge bad write up.... such a basic problem, however they will dump the PBX at the speed of light unless i can get this fixed.

What part of SNOM ONE do i need to attack to stop the internal extension names from appearing in a caller ID on Bell or Rogers? (without breaking the internal extension names from appearing on each phone)

I assume it will be under the Trunk config somewhere or will it be a re-write rule (i hope not)?

Actually that should be relatively simple. You can select "domain ANI" from the drop-down in the trunk settings for the from-header. Or if you just want to leave out the display-name, then you can use something like "MyCompany" {ext-uri} (include the quotes and the {} stuff) next to the "other" dropdown field.

Heres the problem, one extension is called "problem clients", when they called out what appears on the clients phone? i call from a company showing up on there phone as "xxx xxx xxxx Problem Clients", they lost the client and got a huge bad write up.... such a basic problem, however they will dump the PBX at the speed of light unless i can get this fixed.

Ouch. Yes, that makes the case very understandable...