Lost Call with M9

cei66

You mean two wrong guys got connected together? Of course this should never happen, I remember we had a case years ago where the was an IP address conflict in the LAN (static IP addresses :angry: ). It was very difficult to chase this one down.

If you have any more hint where the problem is, that would be of course useful. E.g. if you have lots of other devices in the network and this happens only with m9, well then we would have to dig deeper on the m9.

yes exactly the customer who was speaking with the M9 agent , was sudenly with an anothe r customer who was calling.

and the same client said to me that sometimes 2 or 3 times a day customer are connected to other customer

and not to the agent when they are calling see also my other post (2 clients speak together)

the client configuration

12x M9 9.6.3a with 3 bases (they often have four simultaneous calls on the same base )

14x 300 8.7.3.10

2 x 720 8.7.3.10

2 x 821 8.7.3.10

1 x 370 8.7.3.10

Snom one blue 4.5.0.1090 Epsilon Geminids (Win32)

800 call a day

Hmm.

Ideally, you run Wireshark during the day (with rotating files) and if it happens again, the agent should pencil down the time and the number as far as he can remember. Then we can start digging in the data what is going on.

Also it would be good to know when exactly the outside parties get connected together. Does the agent do anything like pushing a button or does that happen without interaction of the agent? What PSTN termination are you using, which model? Any firewall involved (especially when using a service provider)?

Hmm.

Ideally, you run Wireshark during the day (with rotating files) and if it happens again, the agent should pencil down the time and the number as far as he can remember. Then we can start digging in the data what is going on.

Also it would be good to know when exactly the outside parties get connected together. Does the agent do anything like pushing a button or does that happen without interaction of the agent?

the agent said to me that he do nothing (he lost call and the customer speak with another person )

What PSTN termination are you using, which model? Any firewall involved (especially when using a service provider)?

the incoming calls arrive via PATTON 4936 and outgoing call with SIP OVH

the all configuration is :

4.5.0.1090 Epsilon Geminids (Win32) ON Intel Xeon 3110 3Ghz 1GO Ram XP PRO + PATTON 4638 + IP OVH + DLINK 100MO SWITCH + TPLINK ADSL ROUTER

the agent said to me that he do nothing (he lost call and the customer speak with another person)

Okay, that means we can forget about problems with transfer buttons and star codes etc.

What would explain it would be a SIP INVITE from the gateway that has the same call-ID like another previous call. Then the PBX would take this essentially as call pickup and connect the two calls. While this is a wild theory, it somehow does narrow down the problem to the gateway side. The good news is here that the traffic should be unencrypted, which makes it possible to run Wireshark andrecord only the traffic between the gateway and the PBX. I did not find any information about DLINK 100MO, but if that is a managed switch, you can probably do a port mirror of the PBX or gateway port and record the traffic on a PC "non intrusive". Then if we have the time and a number, we can easily go to the right trace and hopefully solve the riddle.

the incoming calls arrive via PATTON 4936 and outgoing call with SIP OVH the all configuration is :4.5.0.1090 Epsilon Geminids Win32) ON Intel Xeon 3110 3Ghz 1GO Ram XP PRO + PATTON 4638 + IP OVH + DLINK 100MO SWITCH + TPLINK ADSL ROUTER

If the patton is in the LAN and the two accidentially connected parties are talking both through the same gateway, we can exclude firewall and sip service provider problems.