Forward External Call

Tony

With our old Panasonic PBX system, we could transfer an external call to an external number using Flash and then dial the number. After the transfer was complete, all of our incoming lines were clear (I am guessing that the transfer is handled by the PSTN line provider). With pbxnsip, when I forward to an external number, it uses a second channel to make the outgoing call. This now ties up two PSTN lines (versus zero with the old system) for the duration of the call. Is there anyway to configure the software to perform an external call transfer?

Maybe I am misunderstanding something with the last reply but I do not have a SIP trunk provider or billing issues to deal with. I have a PSTN gateway (Grandstream GXW4104) with 4 lines feeding it. I need to flash the current line and dial the destination number.

Oh, does the Grandstream support REFER? I would a be little bit surprised if it does and forwards the redirection request via FXO to the carrier.

The other problem is that this stops call recording, and it is also impossible to keep the CDR for this redirected call. And you cannot barge into a call.