Phones not recognising people

Dunwood

We have a SnomONE Plus and a collection of 821's and 870's on the desks. When a call comes in from my mobile number (say 07890 123456) the phone just displays 7890123456 missing the leading zero off the front. This I assume is the cause of the phone not finding me in the phone book and also of missed call emails not identifying the caller properly and making a mess of the ring back number by adding our own local area code to the front of the number.

How do we go about adding this zero back onto the number for appropriate identification?

If you need to know for diagnostic reasons, we use a Vega50 for our ISDN interface and we are in the UK.

My first question is: Did you set the country code for your domain? The PBX uses that code to interpret the number. In the CDR (e.g. cdrt directory XML) you should see the number starting with a +, for example +447890123456. Then we can be sure that the PBX gets the numbers right.

In the Domain Settings where it says...

Country code (e.g. "1" or "32"):

I have entered "44". If I enter "+44" Ii get a javascript alert box saying "Please enter a number" as soon as I press the "+" key.

Hmmm. So it does prepend the area code, but this is not correct. I guess this must be because the trunk just sends the national number without the 0 in front of it. The only thing that comes to my mind is not entering the area code into the domain settings, as it obviously causes more trouble than it helps. Any word from the provider how the number should be interpreted?

Hmmm. So it does prepend the area code, but this is not correct. I guess this must be because the trunk just sends the national number without the 0 in front of it. The only thing that comes to my mind is not entering the area code into the domain settings, as it obviously causes more trouble than it helps.

Would removing it break anything else? Where else in the system is that setting used?

Any word from the provider how the number should be interpreted?

I'm afraid I don't understand the question.

Would removing it break anything else? Where else in the system is that setting used?

It is used for the formatting of numbers. The breaking risk is relatively now.

I'm afraid I don't understand the question.

The question was if your service provider made any statement on how he presents numbers. If you are using a PSTN gateway, then you need to change the setup of your gateway, so that the numbers are represented in a better way.

Thanks, we are using a Vega50 for interfacing with ISDN lines. I have just had it configured to add the leading zeros and that is now working fine with UK numbers although I am told it may have broken international numbers, we will see when we get an international call.

On this same subject, when the SnomONE sends out missed call and voicemail emails is there any way to get it to identify people by name from the phone book, currently it just says the I missed a call from 01131234567 even though that number is in the phone book and could easily be identified as "You missed a call from Company A" instead?

Ahhh.... Okay if you are using a Vega then you should be able to present the number so that the PBX 100 % understands the number right. Ideally, the numbers start with a + and then the country code. There is no point in keeping the numbers short; a few bytes more in a KB packet don't make any difference.

Once that the PBX knows the complete number, other things like address book become easy or easier.