Set Caller ID Text

sudo

Since upgrading to ver 5 I have a couple of customers that noticed that their caller id is reading "Unknown"

I have checked with my upstream provider and all the appropriate CNAM entries have been completed but the caller id is not displaying that info

Is there somewhere on the pbx that I can set this up? Perhaps theres a setting blocking the CID info?

Anyone got any ideas?

Sudo

AFAIK CNAM (which is not CNAME) can not be signaled on per call bases and must be set up somewhere deep in the carriers network. At least we are currently struggling that out number shows "Vodia Networks" (for weeks already).

You can easily control the "display name" of the trunk in the trunk setting. Maybe just try out and see if it makes any difference before you spend too much time on something that you cannot control anyway through the trunk. :mellow:

AFAIK CNAM (which is not CNAME) can not be signaled on per call bases and must be set up somewhere deep in the carriers network. At least we are currently struggling that out number shows "Vodia Networks" (for weeks already).

You can easily control the "display name" of the trunk in the trunk setting. Maybe just try out and see if it makes any difference before you spend too much time on something that you cannot control anyway through the trunk. :mellow:

Word

This must be someting on the pbx. I have been migrating customers off an old pbxnsip box. The old box was displaying the correct CID but now that I have migrated it to this ver. 5 box im having issues. Ill look over the trunk settings and see what happens.

Maybe you have an old log from the previous version where you see the outgoing INVITE to the provider? There you should be able to see what is in the From/Remote-Party/P-Asserted-ID headers. Then it should be easy to adjust that with the V5 headers. Feedback is appreciated, so that we can keep the provider drop-down list up to date.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Check out http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Trunk_Custom_Headers. Do you mean you need something like "ext-number" (no ANI)? Workaround could be to set a ANI that is the extension number. If you want to do that only for a trunk, you can put the trunk name in front of it, e.g. "2121234567 Trunk1:123".

I mean can we set it to display the user name along with the ANI. The First/Last name in the account.

Okay, So I was a little confused on what my customer was asking.

Apparently when they get an inbound call, the receptionist does not get the Name info of the DID, just the DID. But when she transferrs this to another extension, they get the full username and DID.

Any thoughs on why the recep is not getting this info

Inbound calls or outbound? For inbound the SIP headers in the trunk don't matter at all. On the phone, the problem is like this. The phone receives a packet like this:

To: Daisy Duck <sip:123@domain;user=phone>

You can see what the PBX sends in the INVITE packet in the log. Some phones also do a LDAP look-up on incoming calls, that could complicate the situation. Then the next step is what the phone makes out of it.

I found the issue.

The DID was hitting a hunt group. The hunt groups From-Header was set to Group Name (Calling Number).

I set this to Calling party. I have not heard back from the customer to see if it worked, but Ive got a warm and fuzzy feeling that it will.

Thx