Multiple m9 bases station - one extension per handset

HerBiVoRe

Hello,

First, sorry for my english ;)

I've got 3 m9 bases station, 5 handset, all registered on m9 bases. I've got one extension per handset. So 5 identities configured with one IPUI each.

The bases are registered on PBX with sip account first (nom seemss to be with the mac address when I'm looking on the m9 web interface)

My problem is when I reboot the bases, identities are switching... Sometimes, 2 handset have the same identity. Sometimes, the handset can't be reach (not ringing).

Questions now :

- About roaming : I can't find any configuration on the m9 web interface about it. It seems that the handset stay on one base even if I'm closer to another.

- About identity and "replication configuration between bases". How does it work ? I have replicate identity on the 3 bases, but when they reboot, identities change, and are not the same on all base (base 1 : identity one : extention 100 - base 2 : idendity 1 : extention 101, etc...)

- On PBX now : in Extention -> Registration -> Mac address field : do I have to field mac address of first base, or the 3 mac address ?

Another thing : in Extention -> Status : all Handset have "3 Regs" ??

I try to find setup exemples on this forum or the wiki for days, but I can't find what I'm looking for...

Tell me if you need something else, or where I'm wrong =/

Thanks

M9 Firmware : 9.6.4-a

You have to be careful with roaming. It is not a handover. Essentially roaming means that the same handset can register with different bases. If the bases ranges overlap, you get a kind of random behavior where the handset logs in. Useful cases are when you have different warehouses that are far away from each other and employees should be able to keep their handset with them.

If you are looking for a handover solution, you need to invest in a handover solutions. They have a different price tag for a reason.

• 1 year later...