Jump to content
Vodia PBX forum
sudo

Calls connect after '80' is dialed

Recommended Posts

So on my Version: 5.0.10 (CentOS64) pbx im having a global issue.

 

We are located in UT where the predominant area code is 801

 

When dialing an 801 number, the call connects immediately after dialing '80'. (Picking up headset and dialing)

 

If we dial 1-801, it works fine. Alternatively you can type the number in, 801-XXX-XXXX and then hit dial on the phone and the call connects.

 

This does not happen on any other area code. Meaning you can live dial any other number without adding the 1, i.e. 1-801. It seems to be special to the string '80'

 

Anyone else experience this issue? I know that '8' is the voicemail prefix. Is this perhaps messing this up? How would I go about fixing this.

 

Thanks in advance

 

Sudo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its hard to say if this is a SnomONE issue or a Polycom issue.

 

I test a 'live dial' from the polycom and it connects right after '80' is typed. works if '1801' is dialed.

 

I tried this from a Snom360 but this phone acts a little differently. I pick up the headset and dial the full number (801-XXX-XXXX) but it makes me press the check mark to complete the call. If I dial 1801 it completes the call automatically without having to press the check mark.

 

So its hard to tell if its a setting on the PBX or phone.

 

Ill look at the Polycoms settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably because you have provisioned a dial plan on the phone. Check the "generated" folder what has been sent to the phone, there you can probably see the pattern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the dial plan config:

 

<dialplan dialplan.1.impossibleMatchHandling="0" dialplan.1.removeEndOfDial="1" dialplan.1.applyToUserSend="1" dialplan.1.applyToUserDial="1" dialplan.1.applyToCallListDial="0" dialplan.1.applyToDirectoryDial="0" dialplan.2.impossibleMatchHandling="0" dialplan.2.removeEndOfDial="1" dialplan.2.applyToUserSend="1" dialplan.2.applyToUserDial="1" dialplan.2.applyToCallListDial="0" dialplan.2.applyToDirectoryDial="0" dialplan.3.impossibleMatchHandling="0" dialplan.3.removeEndOfDial="1" dialplan.3.applyToUserSend="1" dialplan.3.applyToUserDial="1" dialplan.3.applyToCallListDial="0" dialplan.3.applyToDirectoryDial="0" dialplan.4.impossibleMatchHandling="0" dialplan.4.removeEndOfDial="1" dialplan.4.applyToUserSend="1" dialplan.4.applyToUserDial="1" dialplan.4.applyToCallListDial="0" dialplan.4.applyToDirectoryDial="0" dialplan.5.impossibleMatchHandling="0" dialplan.5.removeEndOfDial="1" dialplan.5.applyToUserSend="1" dialplan.5.applyToUserDial="1" dialplan.5.applyToCallListDial="0" dialplan.5.applyToDirectoryDial="0" dialplan.6.impossibleMatchHandling="0" dialplan.6.removeEndOfDial="1" dialplan.6.applyToUserSend="1" dialplan.6.applyToUserDial="1" dialplan.6.applyToCallListDial="0" dialplan.6.applyToDirectoryDial="0">
<digitmap dialplan.1.digitmap="" dialplan.1.digitmap.timeOut="" dialplan.2.digitmap="" dialplan.2.digitmap.timeOut="" dialplan.3.digitmap="" dialplan.3.digitmap.timeOut="" dialplan.4.digitmap="" dialplan.4.digitmap.timeOut="" dialplan.5.digitmap="" dialplan.5.digitmap.timeOut="" dialplan.6.digitmap="" dialplan.6.digitmap.timeOut=""/>
<routing>
<server dialplan.1.routing.server.1.address="" dialplan.1.routing.server.1.port="" dialplan.2.routing.server.1.address="" dialplan.2.routing.server.1.port="" dialplan.3.routing.server.1.address="" dialplan.3.routing.server.1.port="" dialplan.4.routing.server.1.address="" dialplan.4.routing.server.1.port="" dialplan.5.routing.server.1.address="" dialplan.5.routing.server.1.port="" dialplan.6.routing.server.1.address="" dialplan.6.routing.server.1.port=""/>
<emergency dialplan.1.routing.emergency.1.value="" dialplan.1.routing.emergency.1.server.1="" dialplan.2.routing.emergency.1.value="" dialplan.2.routing.emergency.1.server.1="" dialplan.3.routing.emergency.1.value="" dialplan.3.routing.emergency.1.server.1="" dialplan.4.routing.emergency.1.value="" dialplan.4.routing.emergency.1.server.1="" dialplan.5.routing.emergency.1.value="" dialplan.5.routing.emergency.1.server.1="" dialplan.6.routing.emergency.1.value="" dialplan.6.routing.emergency.1.server.1=""/>
</routing>
</dialplan>

 

I have my C3PO unit at the shop or Id have him translate it. Can anyone see whats causing my issue?

 

Anyone able to replicate the issue on their PBX?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would expect something like dialplan.digitmap="[2-7]x|8[2-7]x|[2-9]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|011x.T|*x.T". Did you change your dialplan.xml?

Yeah mines the same:

 

[2-7]x|8[1-7]x|[2-9]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|011x.T|*x.T

 

What would cause it to connect after '80'? What do you suggest changing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the following string off a Polycom forum:

 

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT

 

So far so good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I would not know how the phone can start dialing after 80 with [2-7]x|8[1-7]x|[2-9]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|011x.T|*x.T. Anyhow, if the other pattern solves the problem even better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...