Vega

I have activated 4 digit CMC for all accounts in the address book. I have tried the following setting for "CMC authentication for outbound calls: 1. 4 digits--- where my cmc is 1234. If I input any 4 digit the call is allowed.

2. terminate with #--- if i input any number followed by # or only # the call is through.

3. use address book---- same as above.

How to configure to allow only when the actual cmc in input.

Well you could as well use a calling card account in the domain for this, where the user has to login with extension and PIN before making the call.

If you want to use CMC for this purpose, you need to make sure that the domain address book has an entry with the CMC. This is how the PBX verifies the CMC code.

Yes I tried in my test system with cmc entry for all extension it is ok. If I press # the call is not accepted. If I have at least 1 extension without cmc than it accepts # and the call is allowed.

So I checked the customer system it has cmc entry for all extension but still the call is allowed with #. Is there somewhere in the system its having some record without cmc.

Oh so you are talking about the domain setting "CMC authentication for outbound calls" when it is set to "#"? Hmm, in this mode just pressing # without any input well in theory that should also work.

Why don't you set up a second dial plan for the extensions that don't need to enter a CMC and assign it to those extensions?

I set "CMC authentication for outbound calls" to ----- use address book .

All extensions in address book has a cmc entry e.g.1234.

When the system ask "please enter your identification number press pound to confirm" we input 1234# and the call is allowed. This is ok.

But the issue is when we input just # without 1234 the call is also allowed. This is not correct.

if we use fix length e.g.4 digits than if any 4 digits not necessary the actual cmc is entered the call gets through, which is not correct.

By the way the customer is using version 4.5.0.1090.

Well the fix in next version will be 5.2.

Right, the fixed-digit length match does not use the address book and there is no verification. This is really to keep track for whom the call was, e.g. for law offices where it is not so much about permission to dial and more about keeping track for who the call was.