Tuning to new SSRC

Sara_Donald

That means that the PBX received a new media stream on the RTP port. It is allowed according to the IETF, but raises questions. A legal case could be that the other side uses an external music on hold server and sends music on hold out of the original media context.

"Illegal" cases would be that there are really several audio streams running on the same RTP port. Do you have enough RTP ports open on the firewall? Or maybe there is a device that just did not stop sending audio streams?

That means that the PBX received a new media stream on the RTP port. It is allowed according to the IETF, but raises questions. A legal case could be that the other side uses an external music on hold server and sends music on hold out of the original media context.

"Illegal" cases would be that there are really several audio streams running on the same RTP port. Do you have enough RTP ports open on the firewall? Or maybe there is a device that just did not stop sending audio streams?

I would say illegal as the firewall is not preventing any traffic problems as it is not enabled. We have had issues in the past where our telephone lines were listened in on as part of an insurance claim which went to court or it could be the voip provider doing things they shouldn't be doing.

I will notify the provider that this simply will not be tolerated.

Kindest Regards,

Sara Donald.

EDIT: I found interesting traffic from the provider they are using a STUN to traverse NAT. Ports used are 18566 and 59518 but the rtp stream changes to ports that are not in the bounds of pbxnsip. I also suspect they change these during the calls as well.