Voice Prompt - call by name

bbradley

I wanted to create custom voice prompts for the PBX system. When asking a caller to dial 411 for the call by name directory it has an announcement wav file, and then plays a wav file for 4, 1 and 1. Is it possible to not have the 4, 1, 1 wav files play and just allow us to say the required 411 in the first announcment?

Basically..

Currently:

"For a dial by name directory please dial".wav

"4".wav

"1".wav

"1".wav

Replace with:

"For a dial by name directory please dial 411".wav

It would sound a lot nicer.

Thank you,

With "hijack" I mean overwrite. Then select it in the AA as one of the annoucements and as direct destination put a "x" there.

I don't see how that will stop it from saying 411 for the dial by name. Won't it make that announce it as long as the 411 is entered in the "Dial By Name:

Input that triggers name search:" section?

I don't see how that will stop it from saying 411 for the dial by name. Won't it make that announce it as long as the 411 is entered in the "Dial By Name: Input that triggers name search:" section?

Ehh... You are right.

There is still one possibility. A auto attendant will immediately do to dial by name if you put "start" into the place where you currently have "411". If you use two auto attendants, then the first one can make the annoucement as described above, then redirect the call to the second attendant (which has an unspellable name like "dialbyname") and bingo - we have the perfect annoucement.

It's best not to over complicate the process. We recommend clients make friendly straight forward greetings in AA and ACD , HUNT groups. Avoid using stock system greetings by simply scripting what you want in the account greetings. I.E.

Thank you for calling this great company, our office attendant will be right with you. You may dial your parties extension now or press 1 for sales and 2 for support, you may also access our directory by dialing 7. We look forward to serving your needs.

use http://forum.pbxnsip.com/index.php?showtopic=769 as a example of how to create free flowing friendly prompts that overcome the hatred of automated attendants. Many businesses reject the full auto, and must be sold on the overflow aspect of auto attendants so the client already on the phone gets 100% of your attention. A 1978 AT&T study (supporting the concept of Voice Mail) suggested that the call interupting your work was less important than the work you were doing. Thus the call your receptionist is on with a client is more important than the next caller. So don't say to the first caller, "Can you hold?" rather let a free flowing AA, ACD, HG handle overflow and make it pleasant.

Also prior to allowing a caller to access your cell phone challenge them to agree to the terms of you service.

Build a IVR / AA using this premise. If you are experiencing and emergency and accept the associated charges to reach as service engineer now, press 1, otherwise press 2 and you can leave your message and we will schedule a callback as soon as an agent is available.

Other ideas,

If you are a non-contract client all emergency support request have a $50 charge in addition to our standard rates, to be transferred to our on-call engineer you may press 1 assuming you accept these charges.

And the examples go on and on.....

Cheers

Also prior to allowing a caller to access your cell phone challenge them to agree to the terms of you service.

I think if you give callers the option to call the cell phone, they will do that. It will be difficult to charge them for that - one thing is how you automatically generate the bill, and the other question is if you have a business relationship with them at all. Plus do you really want to charge a customer because the PBX redirected the call to a cell phone? If I would be the customer, I would say why does that guy not sit in the office and pick up my calls?

But I agree: The cell phone integration topic is not over. This will be one of the hot topics over the next couple of years.We have to keep this on hte radar and make it very usable.

Not really a PBXnSIP topic but more a general business topic, but few if any interconnects that I know allow a caller to go directly a service technician. All callers are required to submit a service request with a dispatch person. In our IT business, we stopped doing Break-Fix repair work in 1995 and only support contract based clients. For all clients we do have Emergency rates (RIGHT NOW) service and it's in all contracts.

Automatic Call Detail Reciepts would be nice to help trigger these charges no given accounts.

Automatic Call Detail Reciepts would be nice to help trigger these charges no given accounts.

You can do that relatively easy with a IVR node. See http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Linking_..._to_an_IVR_Node. The next version will make it possible to call an external number from a IVR node, that was possible yet. But you can already call an extension that has the cell phone forking enabled.

As support engineers, we enter time entries in our time/billing system and we try to remember to hit "Send Call Reciept" and copy paste the contents in the the entry field.

To: 8028050

Start: 2008 03 27 15:50:41 5

Duration: 2:22

We begin each entry with this info as evidence of the work done.

Creating an inbound call hunt group called service, that if answered by my phone and having it automatically send me a reciept would be a plus. I don't want reciepts for every call I make, simply the inbound support calls.

Ehh... You are right.

There is still one possibility. A auto attendant will immediately do to dial by name if you put "start" into the place where you currently have "411". If you use two auto attendants, then the first one can make the annoucement as described above, then redirect the call to the second attendant (which has an unspellable name like "dialbyname") and bingo - we have the perfect annoucement.

This worked great, thank you.

This worked great, thank you.

Somewhere in this thread, I got lost. It would be great to see a full description of the original need, and how it was accomplished within PBXnSIP as a Best Practice entry. This is bound to be a repeat request.

Cheers

Somewhere in this thread, I got lost. It would be great to see a full description of the original need, and how it was accomplished within PBXnSIP as a Best Practice entry. This is bound to be a repeat request.

Cheers

Question:

I wanted to create custom voice prompts for the PBX system. When asking a caller to dial 411 for the call by name directory it has an announcement wav file, and then plays a wav file for 4, 1 and 1. Is it possible to not have the 4, 1, 1 wav files play and just allow us to say the required 411 in the first announcment?

Basically..

Currently:

"For a dial by name directory please dial".wav

"4".wav

"1".wav

"1".wav

Replace with:

"For a dial by name directory please dial 411".wav

It would sound a lot nicer.

Thank you,

Solution:

A auto attendant will immediately do to dial by name if you put "start" into the place where you currently have "411". If you use two auto attendants, then the first one can make the annoucement as described above, then redirect the call to the second attendant (which has an unspellable name like "dialbyname") and bingo - we have the perfect annoucement.