PBX Suse Linux Setup

Sara_Donald

I have been trying to setup pbxnsip on suse linux only because all of my other production units are equiped with Linux but do you think I can get it to install. Is there a better setup guide to follow than the wiki as it is very light on in information. There needs to be a proper guide not assuming that everyone knows all about linux. Most applications these days are just as easy to install as in windows so a nice guide would be helpful. Even an RPM file would be better so that you can just install it via package manager.

Kindest Regards,

Sara Donald.

but do you think I can get it to install?

With all other production environments being Linux, how are you supporting them?

While RPM's are nice, knowing how to setup the barest of OS's being a windows or Linux box, will always create the best results. Re-Creating the already available HOW-TOs for linux shouldn't be something we would expect from the makers of the PBX. Fortunately, you have the Windows option that requires little in terms of OS knowledge.

Sorry to burst bubbles, but cheers and take care.

With all other production environments being Linux, how are you supporting them?

While RPM's are nice, knowing how to setup the barest of OS's being a windows or Linux box, will always create the best results. Re-Creating the already available HOW-TOs for linux shouldn't be something we would expect from the makers of the PBX. Fortunately, you have the Windows option that requires little in terms of OS knowledge.

Sorry to burst bubbles, but cheers and take care.

The other boxes connect directly to a router and even though I have knowledge of setting up a linux box and windows for that matter both servers and clients I am asking that there be better install notes. Firstly the files are execute files for linux and so therefore it should be a matter of placing the file in a directory and executing it from a script but this does not always work as I have tested this file and the script and it simply runs through the motions but when you try to do a config it says the file is unknown.

Are we to assume that this file only works in Suse Linux 10.2 and that no other version accept the script, if so then the file is out of date as the latest release for Suse is 10.3 and they are about to release 11 as soon as KDE4 is solid.

Our final steps for PBXnSIP using Debian look like the following;

Create a PBXnSIP init.d entry

cp /etc/init.d/skeleton /etc/init.d/pbxnsip

nano pbxnsip

change the ‘desc’ name and ‘daemon’ to reflect the name and location of pbxnsip

PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

DESC="PBXnSIP Server"

NAME=PBXnSIP

DAEMON=/root/pbxctrl-debian3.1-1.5.1.6

PIDFILE=/var/run/$NAME.pid

SCRIPTNAME=/etc/init.d/$NAME

add the new pbxnsip service to start last:

chmod 755 <location of pbxnsip>

update-rc.d pbxnsip defaults 99

PBXnSIP should now run at startup after all other services have started.

Does this help?

Yes, thank you very much. I still thing the directions need to be clearer in the wiki.

Kindest Regards,

Sara Donald.

I spoke to soon. the update-rc.d doesnt work in SUSE but I was able to get all of the procedures in place but to no avail as the pbx did not start.

Can someone look into this for us, I have now tried doing what was in the wiki and the andrewgroup suggestion but it still is not firing it up.

Kindest Regards,

Sara Donald.

I spoke to soon. the update-rc.d doesnt work in SUSE but I was able to get all of the procedures in place but to no avail as the pbx did not start.

In SuSE, you can use "/sbin/chkconfig --add pbxnsip" to set the links automatically (pbxnsip being the file that you put in /etc/init.d).

After the process runs, you must configure the firewall to allow the ports that you want to use (e.g. 5060, 49152-65535).

In SuSE, you can use "/sbin/chkconfig --add pbxnsip" to set the links automatically (pbxnsip being the file that you put in /etc/init.d).

After the process runs, you must configure the firewall to allow the ports that you want to use (e.g. 5060, 49152-65535).

Tried that and I get this result:

# /sbin/chkconfig --add pbxnsip

insserv: script pbxnsip: service FOO already provided!

insserv: exiting now!

/sbin/insserv failed, exit code 1

pbxnsip 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off