Can I set an IVR Node recording to happen after 2/3 rings

asealy

I have setup IVR node to play a recording during our closing time at storess, one problems we have is we have a monitored security system and if the alarms goes off the Security company will automatically call the store to see if it a manager enter the location and the the manager would have to answer the phone and give a panic code. The problem is the recording kick in automatically as soon you dial the number once it is after hours, is there a way I can set this to ring at least 2 or 3 rings before the recording starts?

There isn't a way to delay the message since it's automatic especially if you're using an IVR. I think the best solution for you is to take you recording and upload it to an Auto Attendant IVR------>Override for default:

Then here the user has some options to dial a destination, you can also add a timeout request to redirect the call after X amount of seconds after the recording is played.

Yes you can use the AA without using the features. Here are settings that need to be turned off.

Say "Please enter the extension number": OnOff

Say "For our dial by name directory, press [number]" (only if the dial by name number has been set): OnOff

Say "Or remain on the line for general assistance" (only if the redirect on timeout is active): OnOff

Yes you can use the AA without using the features. Here are settings that need to be turned off.

Say "Please enter the extension number": OnOff

Say "For our dial by name directory, press [number]" (only if the dial by name number has been set): OnOff

Say "Or remain on the line for general assistance" (only if the redirect on timeout is active): OnOff

Once these options are sselected, I will not get a welcome greeting?

Cool, I did that yesterday and test it and the recording play fine but I set the redirect at 20 sec and the phone did not redirect, the recording was just looping over and over.

Here are the step I took.:

Create the auto attendant 150 and select ivr on auto attendant where I upload the recording.

I disable the feature say "please enter the extension number"and the two option below it

In my hunt group I add the Service flag account I created with the time and Night Service number 150(auto attendant)

I set the redirect to 10 sec for ext 100