Paging (page) audible tone at beginning and end of page

chrispopp

Hi,

I have a client on a SnomONE 4.5, that absolutely hates the page tone that is heard before and after a page. The settings on the paging account is Unicast (it is over WAN...), and both the recorded and live playback, both play the initial and termination tone. How can I disable this audible sound?

It's currently setup on a PA1, connected to an amp.

Not sure if the tone comes from the PBX (it is that ding-dang-dong) or the device itself. If it is played after that they probably come from the PBX. The tones for the PBX are stored in the audio_moh folder, and the files played are dingdong.wav and dongding.wav, and page_begin.wav and page_end.wav (not sure about bi_gong1.wav and bi_gong2.wav). You can replace them with your own sounds, just make sure that you keep the same 16 kbit/s, 8 kHz mono WAV file format (length is not so important).

Not sure if the tone comes from the PBX (it is that ding-dang-dong) or the device itself. If it is played after that they probably come from the PBX. The tones for the PBX are stored in the audio_moh folder, and the files played are dingdong.wav and dongding.wav, and page_begin.wav and page_end.wav (not sure about bi_gong1.wav and bi_gong2.wav). You can replace them with your own sounds, just make sure that you keep the same 16 kbit/s, 8 kHz mono WAV file format (length is not so important).

Is there a way to only replace the wav files for a single domain? Or a setting that I can point it to a blank file, specifically for that domain?