one trunk two dids

bbradley

I have a cellcentric account with two DIDs.

If I have the trunk forward all calls to extension 70 both dids forward to that extension (Auto Attendant).

If I remove that extension from the trunk, and then put tel:DID1 on the AA as an alias; and tel:DID2 on extension 55 (which once working, I want to hook up to an ATA for a fax machine).

So DID1 should go to the Autoattendant and DID2 should go to the Fax extension.

But when I set this up, the calls never make it to PBX.

Any ideas?

Just noticed this:

[5] 2008/04/01 15:33:57: Identify trunk (line match) 2

[5] 2008/04/01 15:33:57: Trunk Callcentric sends call to 1777xxxxxxx

[5] 2008/04/01 15:33:57: Trunk call: Could not identify user

1777 is my account number, should this be sending my DID's instead? If so, how do I fix that?

Did you see http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Inbound_Calls_on_Trunk? You can just put auto attendant number into the setting "Send call to extension".

Yes, but that doesn't solve my problem. I have two numbers, and I would like to send only one of them to the AA. If I do that, both numbers get sent to the AA. Based on the DID called, one DID should go to the AA extension, and the second DID should go to a separate extension.

Then the tel:-alias should be the right thing for you. Don't forget to clear that "Send call to extension" field. If the carrier put the destination into the To-header, then you need to put the destination out of the to header. You can do this with the following string in "Send call to extension" (assuming that 123 is the default, which could be your auto attendant):

!(.*)!\1!t! 123

Then the tel:-alias should be the right thing for you. Don't forget to clear that "Send call to extension" field. If the carrier put the destination into the To-header, then you need to put the destination out of the to header. You can do this with the following string in "Send call to extension" (assuming that 123 is the default, which could be your auto attendant):

!(.*)!\1!t! 123

I added the code you suggested, and it solved my problem. Just out of curiosity, I added it as you said with 123 (70 for my AA) as the default extension, but it removes the number. It is working and sending the calls to the correct extensions though.

Is this documented somewhere that I should have been able to figure this out myself? Also is there a place that defines how to write your own codes like the one above?

I added the code you suggested, and it solved my problem. Just out of curiosity, I added it as you said with 123 (70 for my AA) as the default extension, but it removes the number. It is working and sending the calls to the correct extensions though.

Removes the number? You mean from that input field in the web interface?!

Is this documented somewhere that I should have been able to figure this out myself? Also is there a place that defines how to write your own codes like the one above?

Well, it should be on that Wiki page, but it is hard to write something down that covers all cases clearly..... So it is good to have a (public) forum, so that people can also search for such cases and get more hands-on examples.

Removes the number? You mean from that input field in the web interface?!

Correct. I type in:

!(.*)!\1!t! 70

and after I hit save it shows

!(.*)!\1!t!

Well, it should be on that Wiki page, but it is hard to write something down that covers all cases clearly..... So it is good to have a (public) forum, so that people can also search for such cases and get more hands-on examples.

Thanks for the help!