Voicemail - Email integration

MichaelW

I have another vociemail question - 1st I am not sure where to post these most of the forums are very specific besides this one, but none relate to leaving a message or voicemail.

When a user is leaving a voicemail they are able to delete or re-record the message by hitting 1 to delete 2 to re-record the message. What happens when you hit 1 or 2 are the following.

Record message hit the # options are 1 to delete 2 re-record. Hit 1 and you can delete the message. However, as soon as you hit 1 the PBX calls your cell phone, when you hit 1 to hear your messages there are 0 new messages. When you hit 1 to delete the message, an emaiil is sent with the message that you deleted! Same thing happens when you hit 2 to re-record, the message is deleted but the call still goes out saying you have a vm and the email still goes out with the deleted message.

Thanks,

Michael

Unfortunately, that is not a simple problem. When the user presses pound the message technically exists and is new. Until the caller deletes it, the user can go into the mailbox and listen to it.

What we need to do is set the message to state "temporarily" and ignore these messages in counting messages. We fix that in head, then we can see if we port it back into the 2.1 branch.

Unfortunately, that is not a simple problem. When the user presses pound the message technically exists and is new. Until the caller deletes it, the user can go into the mailbox and listen to it.

What we need to do is set the message to state "temporarily" and ignore these messages in counting messages. We fix that in head, then we can see if we port it back into the 2.1 branch.

I am sorry I didn't follow when will this be fixed, if it does not work correctly then maybe it shouldn't be an option? It is very embarrassing for people who do not know this is happening.

Thanks,

Michael