Play a message to an extension within a hunt group

chrispopp

I'm looking to send a command to the PBX which will ring a hunt group. This hunt group, will then ring a few extensions. When one of the extensions picks up, it would play it a message. Is this even possible?

I was thinking to use hunt groups and auto attendant, but the problem is that I cannot ring a hunt group and an auto-attendant at the same time.

This is the application:

there are 4 security guards on each floor. There are buttons around several buildings. If any of the buttons get pressed I would like to send a command that would ring the 4 security guards, and whichever picks up, a pre-recorded message would say "Button X was pressed in this zone."

Any idea how I can achieve something like this?

I think this is doable, however with a different setup. The buttons should trigger the click to dial feature of the PBX. The guards should simply calls the appropriate auto attendant or just a IVR node. The click to dial feature will first call the guard and then whatever number was provided (in this case, just the announcement). You will have to do multiple click to dial, one for each guard. For more information on how to initiate a call from a HTTP client, see http://vodia.com/documentation/click2dial

The other simple thing you can use is the caller-ID feature when someone gets called. As long as the guards have a display they can see which button was pressed.

I think this is doable, however with a different setup. The buttons should trigger the click to dial feature of the PBX. The guards should simply calls the appropriate auto attendant or just a IVR node. The click to dial feature will first call the guard and then whatever number was provided (in this case, just the announcement). You will have to do multiple click to dial, one for each guard. For more information on how to initiate a call from a HTTP client, see http://vodia.com/documentation/click2dial

The other simple thing you can use is the caller-ID feature when someone gets called. As long as the guards have a display they can see which button was pressed.

Thanks for getting back.

My problem with this is that there are multiple calls all going at the same time. The guards will not know if one call was picked up or not. At least with the hunt group, it rings until ONE picks up...

For some reason that doesn't work....

http://192.168.1.100/remote_call.htm?user=1120%40192.168.1.100&dest=150&auth=1100%40192.168.1.100%3Asupersecretpass&connect=true

where 1120 is the extension that has the 1117 1118 setup under "Include following extensions when this extension is being called:"

150 is the auto-attendant with recording

Doesn't ring the "mini-hunt" extensions... It just rings 1120 and that's it.