OCS and Hunt Group

Andrep

Hi all,

We have an OCS and Exchange 2007 UC Setup. For PSTN Connectivity we use a Ferrari Electronic OfficeMaster Box.

We are missing the hunt group feature on the Microsoft side and so we are in need of a PBX, which we not have at this moment...

Does it work if i setup a hunt group in pbxnsip and add extensions of some OC-Clients?

The goal is that our main phone number rings on multiple Office Communicator Clients

Also i wanted to know if the ferrari officemaster gateway is supported with pbxnsip.

If you are confident I will ask for an evaluation license and setup pbxnsip.

Thanks a lot for your help

Does it work if i setup a hunt group in pbxnsip and add extensions of some OC-Clients?

The goal is that our main phone number rings on multiple Office Communicator Clients

Well, the communication between OCS and the PBX currently runs through the mediation server, which is like a PSTN gateway (but translates OCS SIP to plain SIP). If you want to ring communicators that are registered on OCS - that sounds difficult to me. It would probably be much easier to register the communicator clients on the PBX. But I am not the expert here, check out http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Office_C...ications_Server.

Gateway: If they are talking SIP I am pretty sure it will work. PSTN gateways are easy to get working.

Hi,

you can do it. Its not too difficult, but you need to maintain your extensions (phone numbers) in both systems. As I described there is no registration process between the systems. :)

Because of that you need to create pbxnsip accounts with a static registration to ocs-mediation-server (check out http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Office_C...cations_Server) and add them to a hunt group.

If your hunt group is called, the corresponding Office Communicator's will ring, as configured in pbxnsip (even with stages). :(

btw. this will give you the possibility to register "classic" voip phone's and soft clients to pbxnsip. I like to have the choice between using my Snom370 or Communicator, or OC-Phone-edition, or x-lite, etc. - depends on the situation. Note: with pbxnsip useful pbx-features like "Call Pick / Retrieve" will be available for the registered voip phones, soft clients. A mixed enviroment is no problem - Communicators and Voip-Phones will "play" together via pbxnsip and OCS-mediation server. :D

Regarding the Ferrari Gateway: I agree with pbxnsip. :) If you prefer it, you can still run SIP over TCP between pbxnsip and the gateway, as its the case now with the OCS-Mediation Server. Just set transport=tcp when you configure a trunk to the gateway in pbxnsip.

Best regards,

Jan

Thanks a lot for the answers.

Sounds great --> I will plan to deply a test installation of the pbxnsip.

Just another question:

Is it true that I will need to configure 2 trunks (1 to gateway and 1 to OCS)?

In case I handle outgoing calls with OCS: do I need to create a trunk to the gateway for incoming calls?

Yes, two trunks. Maybe 2 more, 1 if you like to connect pbxnsip directly to your exchange UM server and 1 if you like to add a voip-provider (option for a fallback to your ferrari gateway). Its a bunch of possibilities, that pbxnsip will offer.

For your first steps of integrating pbxnsip with ocs, please read the wiki page! It will save you a lot of time and headache :lol: With the screenshots you will avoid the pitfalls.

Basic Setup for pbxnsip / Office Communications Server 2007 Interoperability OCS

Best regards,

Jan

• 2 months later...