did number

hans1970

hi,

i would like to know the advanteges of adding a did number to the fxo ports

and secondly why does the pbxnsip not detect that the user has hanged when it goes to the voice mail

i mean it keeps the line busy until i dont restart the pbx(not logical)

please dont tell me the the line is the problem as the line is hardly 1 metre from the central building exchange

regds

hans

please dont tell me the the line is the problem as the line is hardly 1 metre from the central building exchange

We regularly see where LECS don't have call disconnect enabled local switches like Northern Telecom, Siemens, and AT&T. This become obvious when a business begins using Autoattendents and Voice Mails as before they simply hung the phone up. PBXnSIP will time out unless the LEC provides a call disconnect option on each line. (polarity reversal, short, open) and sometimes the only way to get this enabled is to tell the LEC support that you want to verify that Call Disconnect is on each Line and not stopping until you talk to a real switch tech to get it done.

Having a linemans phoneset and monitoring a call and have the remote caller hangup, the disconnect will be obvious when it's working right. Silence shouldn't be heard.

We regularly see where LECS don't have call disconnect enabled local switches like Northern Telecom, Siemens, and AT&T. This become obvious when a business begins using Autoattendents and Voice Mails as before they simply hung the phone up. PBXnSIP will time out unless the LEC provides a call disconnect option on each line. (polarity reversal, short, open) and sometimes the only way to get this enabled is to tell the LEC support that you want to verify that Call Disconnect is on each Line and not stopping until you talk to a real switch tech to get it done.

Having a linemans phoneset and monitoring a call and have the remote caller hangup, the disconnect will be obvious when it's working right. Silence shouldn't be heard.

hi

i stay in the middleast(kuwait) and i have brought 6pcs of this device

this hang up problem is creating a lot of problem as the LEC over here say this is not our problem and that it does not happen with any other voip pbx

now i want to resell this product i m stuck as i do no know how to go foward

is there something (anything)i can do in the pbxnsip that can shorten or detect that the user has hanged up

any polarity settings or anything

regds

hans

i stay in the middleast(kuwait) and i have brought 6pcs of this device

this hang up problem is creating a lot of problem as the LEC over here say this is not our problem and that it does not happen with any other voip pbx

now i want to resell this product i m stuck as i do no know how to go foward

is there something (anything)i can do in the pbxnsip that can shorten or detect that the user has hanged up

any polarity settings or anything

The latest & greatest also contains a setting for the busy tone and the dial tone detection. Check if you can find the tones in Kuwait, and then fill them in and turn busy and dial tone detection on.

The latest & greatest also contains a setting for the busy tone and the dial tone detection. Check if you can find the tones in Kuwait, and then fill them in and turn busy and dial tone detection on.

ok once i find the tones where do i put them exactly

regds

hans

ok once i find the tones where do i put them exactly

regds

hans

hi

i searched all over and these r the only tones i could find for kuwait

<tone type="dial_tone" freq="425" duration="continuous" />

<tone type="special_dial_tone" freq="425" duration="0.4-0.04" />

<tone type="ringing_1_tone" freq="425" duration="1.0-4.0" />

<tone type="ringing_2_tone" freq="400" duration="1.0-3.0" />

<tone type="busy_tone" freq="425" duration="0.5-0.5" />

<tone type="congestion_tone" freq="425" duration="0.5-0.5" />

<tone type="warning_operator_intervening_tone" freq="425" duration="1.0-1.5-0.4-

1.5" />

<tone type="intrusion_tone" freq="425" duration="0.5-0.2-0.2-0.2" />

<tone type="number_unobtainable_tone" freq="400" duration="continuous" />

<tone type="intercept_tone" freq="950/1400/1800" duration="3*0.333-1.0" />

<tone type="line_lockout_tone" freq="425" duration="0.5-0.5" />

<tone type="refusal_tone" freq="425" duration="0.6-0.6" />

<tone type="acceptance_tone" freq="425" duration="continuous" />

</country>

please tell me that these r the ones

and if they r how and where do i put them so that the pbx knows the user has closed the phone and does not keep the line busy

any help is much appericated

regds

hans

its has been days but i havent heard anything from your side

is it possible also to fix this problem or should i forget about support

Go to System/PSTN Gateway. There you find settings for Tone 1 (Busy) and Tone 2 (Dialtone). Check if the dial tone settings there match the local behavior in Kuwait. Usually it should be enough to turn Busy tone detection on. After saving, you need to restart the system.

Go to System/PSTN Gateway. There you find settings for Tone 1 (Busy) and Tone 2 (Dialtone). Check if the dial tone settings there match the local behavior in Kuwait. Usually it should be enough to turn Busy tone detection on. After saving, you need to restart the system.

ho i went to system /pstngateway

there is tone1 and tone 2

for kuwait the dialtone is continous so how do i put that

regds

hans

for kuwait the dialtone is continous so how do i put that

Good question... I think that tone 1 and tone 2 apply to the busy tone, and that the dial tone is always continuous (we need to verify that). That is because there is a seperate flag for dialtone.

I would suggest turning only busy tone detection on, set the tone 1 on/off correctly and give it a try. Then if that does not work turn dial tone detection on as well.

Good question... I think that tone 1 and tone 2 apply to the busy tone, and that the dial tone is always continuous (we need to verify that). That is because there is a seperate flag for dialtone.

I would suggest turning only busy tone detection on, set the tone 1 on/off correctly and give it a try. Then if that does not work turn dial tone detection on as well.

seems to be working

let u know how it goes excatly after testing it foe a few days

regds

hanumant

i would like to know the advanteges of adding a did number to the fxo ports

The presence of a DID number tells the FXO driver that this line should be tried for outgoing calls. And you can also use the DID number to perform inbound routing based on the DID.

and secondly why does the pbxnsip not detect that the user has hanged when it goes to the voice mail

i mean it keeps the line busy until i dont restart the pbx(not logical)

That problem should be solved by settings the busy tone detection. I think there some other posts on this topic - is it stipp open?