Agents group drops call

Mads Mortensen

• 2 weeks later...
It is ringning for 2-3 minuts. - correct.

It drops out when calling BUT also when in the queue

If the phone is ringing for so long it becomes a major problem. Most phones don't ring so long and they send a response back that looks like the user rejected the call. I would suggest to escalate the call after 90 seconds into another queue or even to a hunt group or a cell phone. Eventually someone has to pick up the phone!

It is ringning for 2-3 minuts. - correct.

It drops out when calling BUT also when in the queue

Is it possible to post the "Agents" tab for the agent group?. It will show hangup from the PBX point of view. Example data is shown below.

Hangup while ringing 1

Hangup while waiting 0

Ringing redirect 0

Waiting redirect 0

Key exit 0

• 1 month later...
If the phone is ringing for so long it becomes a major problem. Most phones don't ring so long and they send a response back that looks like the user rejected the call. I would suggest to escalate the call after 90 seconds into another queue or even to a hunt group or a cell phone. Eventually someone has to pick up the phone!

Hi,

This is STILL a issue.

When all agents are busy (talking) and a call has to wait for than 90 sec. in the queue, the call drops.

I can not be true, that a person can not wait any longer than 90 sec.

What to do???

This is STILL a issue.

When all agents are busy (talking) and a call has to wait for than 90 sec. in the queue, the call drops.

I can not be true, that a person can not wait any longer than 90 sec.

What to do???

Does the ACD connect the call (meaning: does the caller have to pay for the call)? There is a option that tells the PBX to connect the call only when the agent picks the call up; but for a busy group that is usually way too long. What is the event for connecting the call?

If the handset is ringing for so long you should redirect the call out of the queue, for example into a hunt group. It is just not good to keep the handset ringing for so long. You might even redirect the call back into the same ACD; customer will not be amused to get kicked back into the queue (especially at the beginning of the queue!!!) - but this is still better than a dropped call.

Does the ACD connect the call (meaning: does the caller have to pay for the call)? There is a option that tells the PBX to connect the call only when the agent picks the call up; but for a busy group that is usually way too long. What is the event for connecting the call?

If the handset is ringing for so long you should redirect the call out of the queue, for example into a hunt group. It is just not good to keep the handset ringing for so long. You might even redirect the call back into the same ACD; customer will not be amused to get kicked back into the queue (especially at the beginning of the queue!!!) - but this is still better than a dropped call.

The second you enter the ACD, you hear music while wating.

I understand that when the handset rings, to long a ring time is a problem.

BUT the problem is ALSO when every handset is busy, and you have to wait that an agent becomes ready to take a other call.

That means, that even when no handset is ringning (they are all busy) the call still only stays in the ACD 90 sec.

And let be honest, a waiting time in a supportgroup, can be longer than 90 sec.

The second you enter the ACD, you hear music while wating.

I understand that when the handset rings, to long a ring time is a problem.

BUT the problem is ALSO when every handset is busy, and you have to wait that an agent becomes ready to take a other call.

That means, that even when no handset is ringning (they are all busy) the call still only stays in the ACD 90 sec.

And let be honest, a waiting time in a supportgroup, can be longer than 90 sec.

Can you increase the log level to 8 and send us the log for this case? something does not seem right. Also, can you tell us what is set in "Event for connecting the call" field for the agent group?

The field is set for: "Agents picks up call"

I will send the log.

Well, if you keep the default value "Entering the Agent group" for "Event for connecting the call" AND "Regular ringback when agent rings" for "Ringback tone" (the very next field), you will achieve what you want. But as 'pbxnsip' mentioned in one of the earlier responses, the caller will be charged from the beginning. With these settings, the caller will be connected at the beginning itself, the 90 seconds issue will not arise.

Well, if you keep the default value "Entering the Agent group" for "Event for connecting the call" AND "Regular ringback when agent rings" for "Ringback tone" (the very next field), you will achieve what you want. But as 'pbxnsip' mentioned in one of the earlier responses, the caller will be charged from the beginning. With these settings, the caller will be connected at the beginning itself, the 90 seconds issue will not arise.

I know all this :-) :-)

But I might not see where the issue is located, BUT, from what I can read from all this, is, that it is VERY IMPORTANT that persons there is NOT ready/at their desk to answer calls, logs out from the agent group.

If they log out (and there is no handset ringing) as the handsets that is logged in is talking, the calls will NOT drop. Correct???