mid stream XFER to VM

hosted

We've had this happen a couple of times on full 2.1 systems (only 2.1 thou.) Sequence goes; transfer call, talk to person, then person gets sent to VM and call to phone is killed. Is there some kind of timeout going on?

We've never managed to catch it in the logs.

We've had this happen a couple of times on full 2.1 systems (only 2.1 thou.) Sequence goes; transfer call, talk to person, then person gets sent to VM and call to phone is killed. Is there some kind of timeout going on?

We've never managed to catch it in the logs.

Just happened again today. Verbose logging was off though. Call came in, answered on a Polycom, transferred to me (Polycom) - I answered, talking away for 5 minutes, call cut off and the caller was transferred into my voicemail..

Are you mixing UDP with TCP? Could be we found something there...

All UDP as far as I'm aware. It also seems to happen in some cases when we enable call divert using the * codes. We dial the star-code, then after performing the divert we are notified of a message. When we log into voicemail, the message left is the system saying "you have enabled call divert to..." Which is odd.

I dont know if this has anything to do with it.. BUT.

on this box i did 'df' and it said:

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on

/dev/mtdblock2 253952 237148 16804 94% /

**BUT it was 100% full when i logged in I deleted a couple files**

rebooted now its:

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on

/dev/mtdblock2 253952 56404 197548 23% /

fsck didnt work for me and i did a du -a and it didnt show anything abnormal. So I assume the reboot fixed the file system errors.

Dont know if it was just this box that im having an issue with or not. others look just fine.

upgrading to 2.1.1 now.

OK I just installed a 14 day trial... Polycoms and what do you know!

scenerio incoming call to a ring group. receptionist answers xfers to a Polycom phone. Polycom talks for 3 minutes and the PBX send back a BYE command. and the PBX voicemail for that user immediatly picks up.

this is a bad bug.

luck for me i reproducted it and got a wireshark capture (its a big log)

http://www.nexsip.com/files/nexsip_wire.zip

the BYE command is at location# 47975

Beware! :)

That's really strange - we've got a 50 user polycom system and not had a transfer to vm since running 2292 (fingers crossed this seems to be running smoothly). We also run it here on our office one and we've not seen it happen since upgrading to 2292. Are you using the out of the box provisioning for the polycoms and the 2.2 sip application on them? I found this didn't work too well and I needed to mangle the config files from the 2.2 firmware and the pbxnsip ones together.

Drop me a PM if you want a copy of my configs.

Well, the transfer happens when the other call is not connected yet. We have a patch for that, but it is not part of a released version yet.

In Wireshark, enter as filter: sip.Call-ID == "998aeed0-22a00782-71608e9b@192.168.31.111" to see the unconnected call, and sip.Call-ID == "9d5c5862@pbx" to see the call that sends the REFER.

Kristian: I am using 1.6.4 version of firmware. Interesting that 2.2 doesnt have this issue.

pbxnsip: The call actually does connect and you are talking for several minutes when it happens.

sounds like i should upgrade to 2.2. Just have to disable the buddie watch. (its annoying to burn a key on a 3 button phone)

Well, there is a new release 2.1.3 image that should avoid the problem.

I'm having a similar problem only with Polycom phones:

My VM has been recording conversations between the reception and when an SCC client calls. It appears that at times my VM does not pick up and the caller’s call rings back to the front desk. It is at this time that the entire conversation is recorded on my VM.