Pickup Groups

R. Baltzer

Hi there,

Is there anyone who can tell me how to setup simple pickup-groups?

I have several offices within one company with all snom 300/320 phones and pbxnsip 3.0.0.2998

The wish is to be able to pickup the ringing phone within the departement.

Now I have programmed a button with the *87 code, but then you don't know what ringing phone you are taking over....

Kind regards,

Rene.

Is there anyone who can tell me how to setup simple pickup-groups?

I have several offices within one company with all snom 300/320 phones and pbxnsip 3.0.0.2998

The wish is to be able to pickup the ringing phone within the departement.

Now I have programmed a button with the *87 code, but then you don't know what ringing phone you are taking over....

The best way is to define hunt groups. Even if you don't really call them they form a group association.

http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Park_and_Pickup explains the priority on how calls are being picked up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried this but it is not working like I expected.

To test this I have created a hunt group and added extensions 905 906 and 907 to it.

Then I have created a call from extension 900 to extension 901 without picking up and directly after that I have created a call from extension 902 to extension 905. I thought that if I use *87 (pickup) from extension 906 that would get me connected with extension 902.....but it gives me the first ringing call, extension 900.

What is going wrong?

Kind regards,

Rene.

I have tried this but it is not working like I expected.

To test this I have created a hunt group and added extensions 905 906 and 907 to it.

Then I have created a call from extension 900 to extension 901 without picking up and directly after that I have created a call from extension 902 to extension 905. I thought that if I use *87 (pickup) from extension 906 that would get me connected with extension 902.....but it gives me the first ringing call, extension 900.

What is going wrong?

Ehhh... Scratching my head a little bit. At least I think we can conclude this thing is not very intuitive.

Ehhh... Scratching my head a little bit. At least I think we can conclude this thing is not very intuitive.

Is my conclusion correct that it is not working when I put extensions together in a hunt group for picking up a ringing call within that group or is it a bug? It doesn't matter if I am part of the hunt group, with the pickup it takes the first ringing call.

I have an office with two floors, so I want to configure the first floor into one pickup group and a pickup group for the second floor.

Kind regards,

Rene.

Is my conclusion correct that it is not working when I put extensions together in a hunt group for picking up a ringing call within that group or is it a bug? It doesn't matter if I am part of the hunt group, with the pickup it takes the first ringing call.

I have an office with two floors, so I want to configure the first floor into one pickup group and a pickup group for the second floor.

Hmm. Good use case. At the moment I have no good answer... Looks we have to add a setting that lists the preferred pickup accounts.

Hmm. Good use case. At the moment I have no good answer... Looks we have to add a setting that lists the preferred pickup accounts.

Yes, it would be very nice if I could define groups and when you use *87 to pickup a ringing call within the defined group this pickup goes before ringing calls out off the group. Do you think that this is possible to create?

Kind regards,

Rene.