Multiple Domain Issues

jlumby

I have just ventured into setting up multiple domains in the hopes of hosting if all of the testing goes well. I am having some issues with the second domain. For example sake, lets say that I setup the DNS records as follows.

75.136.163.71 = voip.company1.com

75.136.163.72 = voip.company2.com

Under the PBXnSIP domain setup, I created a domain with the FQDN as the domain name, and I set the IP address as an alias. I am having the following issues when testing.

When I put a call on hold, the caller does not hear hold music, and they cannot take them off of hold. Upon inspection of the packets, I see the IP of company1 within the payload of the packets sent from the PBxSIP machine (not the from address)

When TFTPing down phone config files, The request from the phone goes to the IP of company 2, however the IP of company 1 responds, and some firewalls block this since the data is coming from a different IP than the phone made the request to.

I know it is possible to only bind the PBX to specific IPs, however is it possible to do it at a domain level?

I realize it is possible to point both DNS names at the same public IPs, however there are other (non voice) aspects of my hosting that sharing an IP will cause issues with

I have just ventured into setting up multiple domains in the hopes of hosting if all of the testing goes well. I am having some issues with the second domain. For example sake, lets say that I setup the DNS records as follows.

75.136.163.71 = voip.company1.com

75.136.163.72 = voip.company2.com

Under the PBXnSIP domain setup, I created a domain with the FQDN as the domain name, and I set the IP address as an alias. I am having the following issues when testing.

When I put a call on hold, the caller does not hear hold music, and they cannot take them off of hold. Upon inspection of the packets, I see the IP of company1 within the payload of the packets sent from the PBxSIP machine (not the from address)

When TFTPing down phone config files, The request from the phone goes to the IP of company 2, however the IP of company 1 responds, and some firewalls block this since the data is coming from a different IP than the phone made the request to.

I know it is possible to only bind the PBX to specific IPs, however is it possible to do it at a domain level?

I realize it is possible to point both DNS names at the same public IPs, however there are other (non voice) aspects of my hosting that sharing an IP will cause issues with

I would not mix domain names and IP addresses. You can just use one IP address for all domains. Just make sure that the phones use the domain names in the SIP requests. You should tell the users to use an outbound proxy, it can also be the domain name, it can also be another DNS name or even the IP address (though I would not recommend that, maybe one day you want to use the server to another address).

I have seen many issues with Snom 360s and using domain names. They tend to lock up, or do weird things about every other day if you use a name, however if you use an IP, they will run for an average of a month or 2 without the same weird issues.

I have seen many issues with Snom 360s and using domain names. They tend to lock up, or do weird things about every other day if you use a name, however if you use an IP, they will run for an average of a month or 2 without the same weird issues.

Well, you can still use an IP address in the the outbound proxy and at the same time use a domain name in the "domain" setting.

If the phones are so sensitive about DNS, then you should also try to make DNS as stable as possible. DNS problems may also exist for firmware update and other services locally on the phone.