Caller ID update on trunk

Voip-Vet

Could someone explain what exactly the Trunk setting 'update caller id' is doing ?

My trunk settings :
HeaderRequestUri: {request-uri}
HeaderFrom: {trunk}
HeaderTo: {request-uri}
HeaderPai:
HeaderPpi:
HeaderRpi: "{trunk-display}" <sip:{trunk-ani}@{domain}>
HeaderPrivacy:

I have a Voip Provider where Remote-Party-Id is responsible for the Number/Call identification.

I would like the behaviour that an incoming call, that is send though the pbx to another line, displays its original number to the other end. Right now it is the Trunk Ani that displays on the receivers phone.

Can anyone give me a hint how to do this ?

Thanks,
Marc

• 1 month later...

I got stuck on the fact, that the original FROM Header is replaced by the pbx when it starts the new call to route the incoming call. I don't find a possibility to 'keep' the original FROM.  I was hoping that the Trunk 'Update Caller Id' did something like that, but obviously it is not.

So if anyone can think of a way to transport the FROM from the incoming call to the FROM of the outgoing call, it will be very easy to pass on that information to the trunk.

The From/To headers have become useless - the remote party is usually indicated in the P-Asserted-Identity header. We are not aware about one single way to address this with all SIP trunk providers, it seems that everybody has a slightly different opinion about it. It would be great what provider you are using and how they want it.

You are right about the From/To headers.

The more down-to-earth problem I'm having is that I can't find a way to carry the From or Identity header of the incoming call to the outgoing call when the pbx is transferring the call out to another number. I don't know if you see possibilities there.

Marc