Google Speech-to-Text API error

almoondsllc

Hello,

I'm trying to test speech-to-text google api but I got an error:

15:33:44.125 WEBC: https:speech.googleapis.com:443: Return content (189 bytes)
{
  "error": {
    "code": 400,
    "message": "Invalid recognition 'config': The phone_call model is currently not supported for language : it-IT.",
    "status": "INVALID_ARGUMENT"
  }
}

I confirm...changing the Vodia System language from italian to english, everything is working. So it would be necessary to add some option for speech-to-text mode (phone_call, default, video) in case of different language (is it possible to change it somewhere in the linux filesystem text configs?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
On 4/15/2022 at 7:34 AM, AlanS said:

What did you turn on to see that log entry? Google Speech to text isn't working at all for me.

I'll answer that, in case others come here as I did when Speech to Text isn't working.

To see logging, go to System > Status > Logfile, click Settings, set Log length to 500 lines and log level to 9 (all events) and click Clear. Then leave a voicemail for someone who should receive a voicemail transcription, go back to the logs and Refresh. I found a 403 error with this message:

Cloud Speech-to-Text API has not been used in project 112233445566 before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/speech.googleapis.com/overview?project=112233445566 then retry.

The setup article doesn't mention it, but you have to enable the API in the Google console. And to do that, you'll have to set up and enable a Billing account. (I had a credit card registered in Google Pay, but that wasn't enough.) The API is free for 60 minutes/month, then $.024/minute. But a new account gets a $300 credit to use within a year, I think it is.

After all that, l left a voicemail saying "Okay I have now enabled the Google Speech to Text API." The voicemail email has the transcription:  "Okay, I have now unable to Google. Speech-to-text API." Oh well, speech to text is never perfect! :)