Ring All ACD

hosted

I know you can make this work but for the newbie it would be nice if there were a simple menu option in the ACD stuff.

It is generally not a good idea to ring all agents "immediately" because this creates a major hickup in the system, sometimes even in the network. IMHO gradually calling all agents is not so bad.

major hickup as in 50 INVITES all at one time? it shouldn't create 50 RTP stream.

Even if there is no RTP 50 INVITE are a challenge. Think about TLS, DNS, ENUM and all the blows & whistles that need to be taken care of. Plus people are waiting in line for address book lookups for all these 50 agents in their personal address book. Ouch!

TLS shouldn't start until the RTP starts right? hopefully DNS is cached.. maybe its hard for the system to generate so much with internal database lookups but i would think the bandwidth should be fairly light with no RTP.

No, TLS is used to send out the INVITE through a secure channel. In SIP, you have to allocate the RTP ports when sending out the INVITE (unless you want to end up in an endless discussion about offer/answer). So it is a pretty expensive operation.

Apart from that, I think if all 50 phones are ringing when someone calls in, not sure if that is what you want in an office.......