PnP TFTP

hosted

yes however how would the PNP system know to use the internal number 10.1.1.1 or the external number 208.208.208.208 as the proxy? have to be some sort of internal/external toggle in the system.

The source if the TFTP address can tell the PBX what interface to use. BTW there is nothing like an "internal" or "external" address. Think about a system that has ten IP addresses (LAN, WAN, VPN1, VPN2, WiFi, IPv6, ...). The OS routing table is responsible for determining what IP address to use.

yes. but what happens if the PBX only has a local IP (in the DMZ scenerio) and I want to have a couple offsite phones. Right now I manually config the phones. but if they could be created via PNP TFTP that would save time.

Most everyone else cant do this, but in my mind it seems simple thing to do.

yes. but what happens if the PBX only has a local IP (in the DMZ scenerio) and I want to have a couple offsite phones. Right now I manually config the phones. but if they could be created via PNP TFTP that would save time.

Most everyone else cant do this, but in my mind it seems simple thing to do.

You can still override the OS routing mechanisms, and that also applies to stuff like TFTP (see http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Office_w...ic_IP_addresses). A typical case is DMZ.

And, of course, DMZ is a bad thing to do in SIP environment. It is a lot easier to have a routable IP address, a public IPv4 or IPv6 address.