which firmware SNOM D785?

djanjic

Hello all,

I was hoping someone has resolved the issue we are facing? We are running hosted PBX version 63.0.4. Trying to figure out which firmware version to use for correct functions on the phone. For example on phone firmware 10.1.37.11 user cannot forward the VM to another extension. Reading through all rel;ease notes on SNOM site is a tedious process and doesn't give us much help. Has anyone discovered the correct phone firmware which will support this function? Any help is much appreciated.

Dusan

It is not a simple topic.

Generally speaking, "never change a running system". This applies especially for older models where is it sometimes better to leave them running with their version, even if there are know bugs instead of taking the risk of upgrading them with new problems. 

Apart from that, it makes sense to use the latest official releases. If you feel you need to use a different version, I would try those versions. You can do this specifically for one extension, just change the firmware link in the parameter section for the extension (in the provisioning tab).

I totally agree. Unfortunately with this model you don't have a choice, they come loaded with on of their 10.X.X firmware versions which breaks this function. Testing each release, currently 8 or 9, is, at least for me, total waste of time since you have no idea what else might be broken. So who ever is watching be careful when upgrading these phones.

Dusan