POLYCOM BUTTONS

Friedom-Tech

Hi;

i have a client with a polycom 650 with two sidecars attached. they are set up using PNP and i entered in the extension for that extension to monitor the calls of multiple extension numbers but for some reason they will not show up on her screen or sidecars? i have tried rebooting the phone numerous times and clearing registrations but that does not seem to do it...please advise?

Thank you;

i have a client with a polycom 650 with two sidecars attached. they are set up using PNP and i entered in the extension for that extension to monitor the calls of multiple extension numbers but for some reason they will not show up on her screen or sidecars? i have tried rebooting the phone numerous times and clearing registrations but that does not seem to do it...please advise?

If you are using UDP for sending SIP packets the phones cannot receive the packets because of UDP fragmentation. You have to switch to TCP transport layer (or TLS, if you have a certificate that the phones accept).

huh? you can do dialog states with UDP? I have a few phones that work just fine, I dont like doing them on polycom phones however.

The problem is the initial message after subscribing for BLF. This message contains a list of the buttons, and depending on the length of the names this packet can easily get longer than 1492 bytes. If you just have 6 buttons, then that message size is usually enough.

If you are using UDP for sending SIP packets the phones cannot receive the packets because of UDP fragmentation. You have to switch to TCP transport layer (or TLS, if you have a certificate that the phones accept).

do i change this from the phone or from the pbxnsip server? all the phones are connected through PnP. also are there any disadvantages to switching to the TCP protocol?

pls advise