Vodia hosted PBX receive fax to email

RichardDCG

Hi,

For the life of me I cannot get fax to email working.  I have followed a ream of advice from this forum, Google etc but no luck.  Our Grandstream UCM works fine, inbound to the same number works fine.  But I have clients on our hosted platform that also need this functionality.  Vodia version 67.0.3, extension is setup as Mailbox only and enabled with FAX.  If I set the mailbox to 'enabled' I just receive a WAV file message...  I am missing something and probably quite basic!

image.thumb.png.ece2f7fd53aa0a1d87a852ed91c4e52b.png

Does that account have an email address? And does email sending work in general on that system? Also does the license in the status web page show under "Additional license information" the word "Fax2Email"? If that is all the case I would turn logging up and see what the PBX has to say when the FAX hits the mailbox.

Looks like both sides of the call are jumping on T38 as soon as the FAX tone is being detected, resulting in a conflict. In the mailbox setting on the extension there is a setting at the bottom for T.38, try to set this to "after 3 CED tones". Then the provider will win the race and hopefully both sides can agree on T.38.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes T38 is no longer the problem as it seems. At least the PCAP shows T38 going back and forth. Now we are back to good old FAX problems.

Looks like the PBX waits for the end of the training, but it does not happen for whatever reason. Its already some time ago, but it would be great to see the LOG messages for media on level 9.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:46 PM, Vodia PBX said:

Yes T38 is no longer the problem as it seems. At least the PCAP shows T38 going back and forth. Now we are back to good old FAX problems.

Looks like the PBX waits for the end of the training, but it does not happen for whatever reason. Its already some time ago, but it would be great to see the LOG messages for media on level 9.

it may be ok now, no changes made on the Vodia.  It may be how a Grandstream UCM sends faxes .... it keeps failing for that but other faxes are ok.