Connect Grandstream ATA to Vodia

Kc.Indigico

• 5 months later...

Incase google leads anyone here...

The guide is outdated.

You have to update the firmware on it first. Then the new dial home is the new GDMS is updated.

Once you have that, add the device to the GDMS.

Set the provision URL to yourpbx.yourdomina.com/prov in the devices parameter templates.

Then in vodia, add the device to the extension and open it for provisioning. 

Done.

• 2 years later...

If GDMS does not work for you, you can also jut "manually" provision the HT devices. I would still recommend to use provisioning instead of completely manual configuration because of the small tweaks that make the device work better. 

On the PBX side, make sure that you have added the MAC and the Mac is ready for pairing. In the "advanced setting" set the "Config Server Path" to the address of the PBX (e.g. 192.168.1.2 or pbx.tenant.com) and select HTTP for "Upgrade Via".

I received a good tip here, so it should work:

Grandstream ATA ( HT8XX

Getting Fax machines to function correctly on a Grandstream Analog Gateway.

You need to provision it for “FAX MODE” = Pass-Through

Symmetric RTP

Use First Matching Vocoder in 200OK SDP = PCMU

Below is screen shot of GDMS settings.

S03bOXAnavhMw76zbLybY0hR19SYnDrtoe9ufJZk

orA9rwTq8tdYguFKk7na-HC-QpppdqXh317QfyZr

When you set that correctly, it conflicts with this:

“Call Feature”

You must disable them in GDMS for some reason, but, by default they are on in the device and work fine.

D2TbdKOvOMC_znM3Ez9g37dig9TIl6Rq1GMpomUI

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2023 at 8:16 AM, Vodia PBX said:

If GDMS does not work for you, you can also jut "manually" provision the HT devices. I would still recommend to use provisioning instead of completely manual configuration because of the small tweaks that make the device work better. 

On the PBX side, make sure that you have added the MAC and the Mac is ready for pairing. In the "advanced setting" set the "Config Server Path" to the address of the PBX (e.g. 192.168.1.2 or pbx.tenant.com) and select HTTP for "Upgrade Via".

Hi I posted here because it was the only place that talk about GDMS, what I'm trying to do is setup GDMS for zero touch provisioning, but I'm just getting abnormal registration and since there is no documentation or support from Vodia I'm hopping to find the answer here. I did setup the same phone with Voip.ms and it works if I want I to use it without Vodia. 

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 7.40.43 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 7.41.21 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 7.42.03 PM.png