Cisco 8841 registered but can not dial out

StevenOnCall

Hello, 

I have a Cisco 8841 3PCC phone that I was able to upgrade and provision using the instructions here: https://blog.vodia.com/cisco_8800_provisioning

The phone shows all of the configured buttons, but is unable to dial either extensions or outside lines. I am able to make calls from the same extension on the web interface. 

Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

Steven,

On Call Comms

44 minutes ago, Vodia PBX said:

Can you call other extensions? Or the mailbox? Then the problem would be somewhere with the dial plan and the trunk. 

No, I can not call other extensions or the voicemail. I have the dial plan set in the general settings to 3 digit extensions. Also, I am able to make and receive calls from the web app, so I know calls are working internally and externally on the system level.

Well in that case as a first step I would turn the SIP logging on (possibly just filer by the IP address of the phone if possible) and see first of all if there are any packets and if yes, what the PBX response is. Maybe there is just a codec mismatch. But there should be some clue where the problem is.

5 minutes ago, Vodia PBX said:

Well in that case as a first step I would turn the SIP logging on (possibly just filer by the IP address of the phone if possible) and see first of all if there are any packets and if yes, what the PBX response is. Maybe there is just a codec mismatch. But there should be some clue where the problem is.

Where do I turn on SIP logging? 

• 2 weeks later...