Call recording issues on Windows app

RichardDCG

PBX V 68.0.12 and 68.0.14

I cant set manual recording on either the app or a browser.  It plays the message "this call is being recorded" but nothing is recorded.  I can set auto recording and it also plays the message and records, but I cant play it back on the app only the web browser.

The save location seems to have changed now to a month based folder rather than the domain that it used to?  Is there away for a user to download the file for storage locally?  

I cant get call recording to work manually on 68.0.2 either.  On the 68.0.12/14 and 68.0.15.beta the button to record plays the message 'this call is being recorded' but nothing happens, on 68.0.2 it does nothing but flash.  I need to dial *93 and it plays the message and again, nothing happens. There is no recoding.  I can set auto and it records but I cant play it on the Windows app, I can on the web browser.

Our clients would like to be able to manually record a call, listen to the message on the Windows app and then be able to download it to a client folder as required.  We can then manage the server side with retention periods.

On 68.0.2 the Windows app shows V 3.6.0 on 68.0.12/14 it shows no version number.

This is a current request from a client but we have no solution to provide.

At the moment manual call recording does not work on the Windows app, or the web browser.  I can listen to auto recordings on the web browser but not the Windows app.  

Is below difficult to accomplish? It is a specific request from a client - which seems a reasonable one.

On 5/25/2022 at 9:03 AM, RichardDCG said:

Our clients would like to be able to manually record a call, listen to the message on the Windows app and then be able to download it to a client folder as required.  We can then manage the server side with retention periods.

at the moment manual recording does not work at all..... 

is it too difficult to setup - to be able to manually record a call, listen to the message on the Windows app and then be able to download it to a client folder as required.  We can then manage the server side with retention periods.

User self management of this type of thing may become a requirement for some of our tenants... at this stage we do not have a solution for them.

11 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

Recordings already have a retention period. It is currently a tenant setting—might be worth thinking about making it an extension settings as well. 

Is it possible to allow Windows App users to manually start a recording and also download it via the app?  We can then set retention periods on the server to remove after a certain period, the onus is then on the user to download and manage their own recordings.

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2022 at 6:05 AM, Vodia PBX said:

We are thinking about fixing this in the 68 branch with a special global setting that would would start "automatic" recording instead of manual recording. 

how is this going?  We have a tenant actively using the recording and needs to be able to stop the recording if requested.

We need to be able to start and stop a recording from the Windows app.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...