Quintum AF and PBXnSIP

cmrabet

Hi

We have a Quintum AF box that we want to use as PSTN to SIP interface; we want to use it as our in-going/out-going channel for land phone calls using PBXnSIP server.

Is it possible to have a brief list of main points to follow in order to setup both sides Quintum and PBXnSIP software?

I don't know what is the best option; setup the Quintum Box as an extenssion to register to PBXnSIP server, or set it up as a SIP gateway and then PBXnSIP server shoud register to it and use it as a trunk (this is the idea I most like).

I managed to register Quintum box as a extension (but I couldn't make a call trough it, always bussy extenssion), however it was impossible for me to set the quintum as a SIP gateway an register PBXnSIP.

Also I can't find any information about this on internet.

Thanks and regards,

We have a Quintum AF box that we want to use as PSTN to SIP interface; we want to use it as our in-going/out-going channel for land phone calls using PBXnSIP server.

Is it possible to have a brief list of main points to follow in order to setup both sides Quintum and PBXnSIP software?

I don't know what is the best option; setup the Quintum Box as an extenssion to register to PBXnSIP server, or set it up as a SIP gateway and then PBXnSIP server shoud register to it and use it as a trunk (this is the idea I most like).

I managed to register Quintum box as a extension (but I couldn't make a call trough it, always bussy extenssion), however it was impossible for me to set the quintum as a SIP gateway an register PBXnSIP.

I would not register a PSTN gateway to the PBX. If you can just use the gateway mode that is usually the easiest way to go. Unfortunately, I did not configure a Quintum gateway yet; but I believe you just need to point the outbound proxy to the PBX and on the PBX have a gateway trunk with the outbound proxy to the gateway.

I would not register a PSTN gateway to the PBX. If you can just use the gateway mode that is usually the easiest way to go. Unfortunately, I did not configure a Quintum gateway yet; but I believe you just need to point the outbound proxy to the PBX and on the PBX have a gateway trunk with the outbound proxy to the gateway.

We are using a Quintum gateway for to interface with an analog door phone, it works fine.

HI,

Regarding your first question, should the quintum register to the pbx as an extension.. No. Is cleaner to simply point to the quintum as a "SIP Gateway" type trunk and simply set the outbound proxy as the IP adress of the quintum. This is assuming that the quinum is on the same network as the PBX and it not NATEd.

Once done, you will need to make the following settings for a minimal configuration.. NOt sure whether you are using the GUI or command line, but I will show the steps and prompts required from the CLI perspective. You should be able to match these up/locate them in the GUI:

1) Secure the quintum gateway so that only the PBX can send and receive calls

SIP Signaling group prompt

set primarysipserver <ip address of the PBX>

set allowonlyproxycalls 1

End Point Address Directory Prompt

add <ip of quintum unit> at 1 (this will block all H323 calls by adding the quinum as the only allowed h323 endpoint)

2) Some housekeeping

Not sure where you are, but it may be a good idea to disable the dialplan so you have no suprises

Dial Plan Prompt

set dpc 255 (disables any automatic normalization of numbers)

GateWay Prompt

set oipr 1 (set all outgoing calls to SIP)

CASSsignalingGroup Line

set CallerIDDetection 1

set SignalingType 3 (if you are in the USA or other contry that uses forward disconnect)

3) Finally, setup some "allowed" digit patterns for outgoing calls SIP > PSTN)

Hop Off Number Directory

THis works similar to the PBX dialplan.. So, if you want only calls that begin with 1 to go to the PSTN, set the Pattern=1 and Replacement=1

Hi

Thanks and regards,

HI,

Regarding your first question, should the quintum register to the pbx as an extension.. No. Is cleaner to simply point to the quintum as a "SIP Gateway" type trunk and simply set the outbound proxy as the IP adress of the quintum. This is assuming that the quinum is on the same network as the PBX and it not NATEd.

Once done, you will need to make the following settings for a minimal configuration.. NOt sure whether you are using the GUI or command line, but I will show the steps and prompts required from the CLI perspective. You should be able to match these up/locate them in the GUI:

1) Secure the quintum gateway so that only the PBX can send and receive calls

SIP Signaling group prompt

set primarysipserver <ip address of the PBX>

set allowonlyproxycalls 1

End Point Address Directory Prompt

add <ip of quintum unit> at 1 (this will block all H323 calls by adding the quinum as the only allowed h323 endpoint)

2) Some housekeeping

Not sure where you are, but it may be a good idea to disable the dialplan so you have no suprises

Dial Plan Prompt

set dpc 255 (disables any automatic normalization of numbers)

GateWay Prompt

set oipr 1 (set all outgoing calls to SIP)

CASSsignalingGroup Line

set CallerIDDetection 1

set SignalingType 3 (if you are in the USA or other contry that uses forward disconnect)

3) Finally, setup some "allowed" digit patterns for outgoing calls SIP > PSTN)

Hop Off Number Directory

THis works similar to the PBX dialplan.. So, if you want only calls that begin with 1 to go to the PSTN, set the Pattern=1 and Replacement=1

Thanks a lot for your guide!

It is what I was looking for.

Regards,