trunk routing

hosted

ok i am not good at trunk routing, can someone help me?

I have an inbound trunk and I want to pass 80122233xx to trunk OCS and 80122244xx to trunk Exchange directly. and everything else can be processed in the domain.

how would i write that?

I would do that with the static registration. See http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Extension#Registrations. Otherwise you will have trouble with the "charge for redirect" setting in the trunk. The limitation is that you need an extension account for every redirection that you want to program.

The problem with that setting is that it applies to all incoming numbers then and not only to a range...

My idea was: one can create a special fake user, and a special dialplan, which is to be used for incoming call analysis.

So one will be able to use several regular expressions to route incoming calls...

Each range may be routed via it's own dialplan entry...

In particular, this alows transit routing..

Is it bad idea? (Why?)

Rgds,

Nikolay.

My idea was: one can create a special fake user, and a special dialplan, which is to be used for incoming call analysis.

So one will be able to use several regular expressions to route incoming calls...

Each range may be routed via it's own dialplan entry...

In particular, this alows transit routing..

Is it bad idea? (Why?)

Oh so you mean routing everything through one extension? Might be tricky, but could actually work... I guess you have to tell the domain to keep the From/To headers unchanged. Then in the trunk you could just use a pattern like "!123456[0-9]{2}!123!t!" that would send all calls to 123456xx to extension 123, then there you can use a static registration with something like "<sip:exchange@192.168.1.2;transport=tcp>". I did not try this, bug it might get "closer".

Oh so you mean routing everything through one extension? Might be tricky, but could actually work... I guess you have to tell the domain to keep the From/To headers unchanged. Then in the trunk you could just use a pattern like "!123456[0-9]{2}!123!t!" that would send all calls to 123456xx to extension 123, then there you can use a static registration with something like "<sip:exchange@192.168.1.2;transport=tcp>". I did not try this, bug it might get "closer".

I would say in another way: i mean using dial plan for incoming call routing. Not just single regular expression in the "send call to extention" field.

The wiki page ( http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Trunk_Settings ) says:

The setting "Assume that call comes from user" is used for trunks that accept redirects (see above). The settings must be an extension in the domain of the trunk. This setting is necessary in order to determine what dial plan to use; and it is also necessary to charge a user on the system for the call. For regular trunks, you should leave this field empty.

So, i make a conclusion that one can route incoming calls through a dialplan, where further flexible routing to different sip trunks (or flexible DID mapping) can be achieved.

Of course From/To header must be preserved in this case.

If all calls are routed through one extention, then - ok, since From/To headers are the same.

And as far as i can see in log, the field "Send call to extension" is just ignored in this case.

I tried to do this and i was able to route a call to pbxnsip extension and to another trunk..., though i found some problems...

So the question is: is it a proper way to route incoming calls?

Thanks in advance,

Nikolay.

So the question is: is it a proper way to route incoming calls?

The handling of calls coming from a trunk were designed to send them to internal destinations. If we are starting to send them to external destinations we get into new areas. The problem occured for Microsoft Exchange and OCS; so we introduced some ad'ons to make this possible. But I would not call that a "proper way" to route incoming calls.