Redirection for Service Flags

AlanS

Has anyone every thought of adding redirection TO service flags?

I find that we have to make a double effort with multiple IVR's or dummy ring groups to get around this.

In Freepbx, this would be considered a Call Flow Control Toggle. 

We can assign a DID to a service flag, but as you know, that's a dead end.

Don't the various destination options (queue, ring group, AA etc.) have a Service Flag destination option already?   Since you need to create the Service Flag and the other destinations anyway, would it make it any quicker to have the destination options embedded in the SF? 

... that being said, it is entirely possible I don't understand the scenario.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 11:45 PM, RichardDCG said:

Don't the various destination options (queue, ring group, AA etc.) have a Service Flag destination option already?   Since you need to create the Service Flag and the other destinations anyway, would it make it any quicker to have the destination options embedded in the SF? 

... that being said, it is entirely possible I don't understand the scenario.

Indeed they do. It would be much faster if redirection could be set ON the service flag.

It is much much easier if we could set redirection in the service flag, for simple redirections only. In freebpx or netsapiens, this would be a call flow toggle.

• 5 weeks later...

let this flow chart explain visually.

I am getting tired of hunting down service flags. Please add redirection TO service flags!

I understand the need for reusability, but adding redirection direction would keep us from playing "find the redirection"!

image.thumb.png.3a6a1f5a606aa3c2cbd18b9b42791c0f.png

The concept of a central routing resource was there since version 1 and I believe it was a good idea. It helps a lot to give the service flags understandable names like "Office hours" or "Extended office hours". 

What might be a good idea for one of the next versions would be an "inline" editing of those service flags e.g. inside the settings for the auto attendant, so that there is no need to juggle between the flag settings and the auto attendant. 

27 minutes ago, Vodia PBX said:

What might be a good idea for one of the next versions would be an "inline" editing of those service flags e.g. inside the settings for the auto attendant, so that there is no need to juggle between the flag settings and the auto attendant. 

the request seems to be to have the DID terminate on the Service Flag and then have the destinations configured there based on the status of the flag?