Call Accounting in a multi-domain environment

jlumby

I was wondering if there is a way you can send call accounting CDR data on a per domain basis. The senario I am thinking of is setting up a hosting company, and a couple of the customers want to run their own call accounting software. Right now if I point it at their server's IP address, it works fine, however they can see all of the data for all of the domains. The second problem is that if I have multiple clients, I will need to be able to send to multiple different IP addresses of call accounting servers based on the domain.

I was wondering if there is a way you can send call accounting CDR data on a per domain basis. The senario I am thinking of is setting up a hosting company, and a couple of the customers want to run their own call accounting software. Right now if I point it at their server's IP address, it works fine, however they can see all of the data for all of the domains. The second problem is that if I have multiple clients, I will need to be able to send to multiple different IP addresses of call accounting servers based on the domain.

The big question is how they want the CDR. For simple CDR I could imagine introducing a domain-based setting that overrides the global setting.

We'll soon have CSV CDR written to the file system; the location may include the domain name. That might be possibility to solve the problem. If you are running a SQL server then we might also be able to feed the CDR into a table. We could also introduce a domain-based setting here.

And of course, you can send emails with CDR per day. That is there already for some time.

Right now they want to use Simple CDR. They have successfully built a driver, however they want to move to a hosted enviornment where they should not be getting data sent to their server from the other domains.

We are introducing CDR generation to "MySQL server" and a "CSV file on the disk". It in the testing phase now. Both these mechanisms still use the "Simple CDR format string" that we already have, to control the CDR records. This way customer need not learn anything new. All they need to do is select CDR storage of their choice - SOAP/MySQL/File.

We are introducing CDR generation to "MySQL server" and a "CSV file on the disk". It in the testing phase now. Both these mechanisms still use the "Simple CDR format string" that we already have, to control the CDR records. This way customer need not learn anything new. All they need to do is select CDR storage of their choice - SOAP/MySQL/File.

This is nice, however I need a way to only send info from 1 domain to the IP of their call accounting server

This is nice, however I need a way to only send info from 1 domain to the IP of their call accounting server

I see. Basically, you do not want to filter data on the MySQL server or the file based on the domain. You want the PBX to write/send CDRs for only selected domains. We will add a domain level setting that overrides the system setting.

• 4 weeks later...