Can not play call recordings in app

LECSJH

When I attempt to play call recordings inside the apps, it doesn't play the recording.  Checking inside debugger, it gets a 404 error. 

GET https://pbx.domain/rest/user/102@tenant.domain.com/recs?id=1000 404 (Not Found) (although in the admin panel, https://pbx.domain.com/rest/domain/tenant.domain.com/recs?id=1000 does work.)

I am also seeing this inside of the debugger, but maybe less important. 

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://tenant.domain.com/libraries/pdf.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

The webserver on debug 9 only shows the following:

Request from xx.xx.xx.xx:37849 for /rest/user/102@tenant.domain.com//recs?id=1000ⓘ
GET /rest/user/102@tenant.domain.com/recs?id=1000 HTTP/1.1
Host: tenant.domain.com
Connection: keep-alive
sec-ch-ua: "Chromium";v="106", "Google Chrome";v="106", "Not;A=Brand";v="99"
Accept-Encoding: identity;q=1, *;q=0
sec-ch-ua-mobile: ?0
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/106.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
sec-ch-ua-platform: "Windows"
Accept: */*
Sec-Fetch-Site: same-origin
Sec-Fetch-Mode: no-cors
Sec-Fetch-Dest: audio
Referer: https://tenant.domain.com/usr_portal.htm
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.9
Cookie: session=68i1gtd3gqovslie1s2m
Range: bytes=0-

[9] 0:00:33.984 Last message repeated 2 timesⓘ
[8] 0:00:33.984 REST: GET /rest/user/102@tenant.domain.com/recs?id=1000ⓘ
[8] 0:00:33.984 Last message repeated 2 timesⓘ
[8] 0:00:33.984 REST: Return 404 Not Foundⓘ

Any clue where I could start to debug this?

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I am having a similar issue - from the Vodia admin portal I can play back all recordings OK, but from the app (Windows and browser), the recording show up, but will not play. This seems to be consistent across multiple computers and networks for us. We are running v68.0.26 of the PBX.

The recordings appear to be uncompressed, even though the PBX setting under System Level->Settings->Recording/CDR is set to 'G.711', however the actual recordings show uas PCM 128kb/s 8khz mono, at a bit under 1mbyte/min of recording time.

Output from MediaInfo:

image.png.eb4f5228a3279f049a0c1e9b0ac7b770.png

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

15 hours ago, JCEKen said:

The recordings appear to be uncompressed, even though the PBX setting under System Level->Settings->Recording/CDR is set to 'G.711', however the actual recordings show uas PCM 128kb/s 8khz mono, at a bit under 1mbyte/min of recording time.

The PBX has to convert G.711 to linear because most browsers don't play G.711. That happens on the fly.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2023 at 1:37 AM, Vernon said:

I think the later versions have created "Group" permissions and you might have to explicitly allow extensions/users to play recordings and use the web/phone app.

Thank you for your response, and sorry it has taken me a bit to respond. This appears to have done the trick. While logged into the tenant, I navigated to Settings->Groups, created a new group and gave it the 'Play Recordings' or 'playrec' permission.

I then restarted the Vodia app and now when i click on the 'play' button next to the recording, the audio plays back.

Much appreciated.