Call Q, needs.

Scott1234

Hey ya's

I think the All Agents Busy option from Redirection should also be able to be used as Condition logic. Is this something that could be done? 

I like trying to minimise the amount of call Q's needed so that reporting metrics stay in the one Q, but also get why you would have the separate Q and report on that on its own, but having the option would be nice. 

For example, four agents, all four are busy, I would have to exit the group via Redirection to another Q that has backup agents in it that all need to ring right away etc. Kind of like using Number of waiting calls exceeds but not having to wait for at least 1 call to trigger.

Also Handy at this point would also be Individual controls for each Condition on how many agents can ring at once, and Algorithm logic. separate to the base Q setup.

Also, it seems Waited Longer Than and After Hearing Ring Back, appear to be treated as the same, if I have both set on a group it seems to just default to Waited time even during ring back, this one caught me off guard today and I burnt a bunch of time messing around at a new install, trying to figure out if I was missing something. 

thoughts? and one else experienced it?

Hmm. It would have to be all primary agents busy, otherwise it would get very hard to understand and maybe recursive. But there is a point about keeping the calls in the same queue.

Queues are typically intended to process one caller at a time, similar to landing planes on a runway. That would imply that most of the time all agents are busy. This is why there was always this extensive music on hold for the waiting callers.

Waited longer is supposed to look at the duration callers are waiting, essentially hearing music on hold; after hearing ringback is about callers hearing ringback because an agent is being alerted. These durations should be different. In most cases the waiting with music in several minutes while the waiting for the agent to pick up the call should be seconds. But when the waiting times are practically zero because calls are already redirected out of the queue these two conditions might look the same.

Before jumping into adding a new condition IMHO we need to take a step back and see what we want to achieve here and if there is a better way that would fit the next few years, where the classical call center will definitively go through some more changes. 

12 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

Waited longer is supposed to look at the duration callers are waiting, essentially hearing music on hold; after hearing ringback is about callers hearing ringback because an agent is being alerted. These durations should be different. In most cases the waiting with music in several minutes while the waiting for the agent to pick up the call should be seconds. But when the waiting times are practically zero because calls are already redirected out of the queue these two conditions might look the same.

In this instance where I say they were treated the same, they were configured with different lengths, but were not respecting the hearing ring back vs waiting with hold music when tested. But specifically the Condition logic area. 

This setup does not work, pic included. 

When the caller is waiting because single agent is busy on call with music (tested with DND function, to busy the phone, maybe this is my downfall?) they do not get to wait 20 seconds before extra agents, it follows the 10 second of hearing ring back instead even though the caller is holding with music.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

image_2023-04-17_21-04-02.png

14 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

There was a miscalculation of the "ringing" time for the escalation (it seemed to be oaky for the redirection). We'll fix this in the next build. The waiting time seems to be okay. 

Great so I wasn't going crazy ha ha, thanks.

• 1 month later...

just to add to this :P

How the hunt group has a missed calls e-mail you can define, I still think this is highly relevant to Call Queues, as there are times where calls are missed and for the system to send an e-mail like how the hunt group does it allows for better client based work flow's that are triggered from this e-mail. While keeping the benefits of Call Q's and not having to let calls move out to hunt groups. 

• 4 weeks later...

Also, to add to this. @Vodia PBX

I noticed if a Call Q member is using the DND function of their phone the Q treats them as logged out as the agent login activity will reflect the use of DND. Which is great and expected. 

What's missing, Could the system put a check in place that's linked to the Number of logged in agents required to allow log out to Deny the use of DND? in that instance?

A busy customer managed to have all of their agents on DND, thinking someone else was covering.

I know what you're going to say :D , use the login log out function... But the login logout function is a bit more cumbersome than simply using DND especially if the agent is in more than one Q, I am all about streaming the user experience, the least steps possible. 

Also, BLF sync for single login logout BLF gets lost if there are internet glitches/outages the phone comes back the status of the login/out will be unavailable until next pressed which is annoying, might be a Yealink thing but who knows, I am not sure how it maintaining the BLF sync I do notice single login/out BLF buttons use some kind of special star code *60 that is not documented in the star codes section.