WhatsAPP Integrator

Gilles Etame

We made some progress. This will be pretty much another SMS provider. You'll have to create an App on the Facebook App Store and point the incoming messages to the PBX. The format of the messages will be similar to what other SMS providers are delivering, but all in all it will follow the same script. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you like try the version 69.0.5. We will work on documentation, but for now put into the "Username or account" your WhatsApp Phone number ID, some random "Application token" (for verification with WhatsApp) and the "Application secret" the access token from your WhatsApp app. You must put something into the "Address for pulling MMS content", e.g. your server address (must be https as fas as we can see). This version supports inbound and outbound text and images. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 7:37 PM, Vodia PBX said:

If you like try the version 69.0.5. We will work on documentation, but for now put into the "Username or account" your WhatsApp Phone number ID, some random "Application token" (for verification with WhatsApp) and the "Application secret" the access token from your WhatsApp app. You must put something into the "Address for pulling MMS content", e.g. your server address (must be https as fas as we can see). This version supports inbound and outbound text and images. 

OK.Please can you post the link for the version 69.0.5 ? Is not update in realeases in https://doc.vodia.com/docs/release-notes-690

• 5 months later...

We're interested in testing WhatsApp messaging soon. I noticed it was officially released with v69.0.6, with documentation to follow but I can't seem to find any documentation yet.

Also, in checking v69.1.4, with the release of SMS Management, I don't see WhatsApp as a dropdown. It's only available at the system level. So, I'm guessing it's not treated as SMS for obvious reasons, but I do think it may deserve a place at the tenant level too. Thank you.

There are some more changes coming for messages in 69.2, so that the PBX can automatically send answers and a tenant can have multiple SMS providers. We have documentation for WhatsApp, but it is not on the documentation portal (work in progress). This should also be available in the 69.2 build on tenant level.