reinstall deleted certificate

RichardDCG

Is there a way to reinstall a deleted certificate?  I have a lab PBX setup that I removed a tenant and deleted the certificate.  I then readded the tenant but the cert is not setup.  I can setup other tenant/cert combos, just not the one I removed.  I have tried renaming the tenant DNS name and then changing back ... no change. I tried setting the tenant as a new from scratch tenant, no change.

The certificates live outside the tenant, and that means that they are not part of the backup. Admittedly, that's debatable but it makes sense if you choose a different name for the tenant later. 

The Lets Encrypt certificates should eventually show up, especially if you trigger a name change. When you create a new tenant, it may take a minute before thats the case. There is a ACME (thats actually the name of the protocol that Lets Encrypt uses) log level which will show you some progress messages when the update mechanism gets triggered.

5 hours ago, RichardDCG said:

ACME log says the name is not available. 

Can you paste the exact phrase, so that we can match this with the code? But it does attempt to fetch a certificate? You can also turn on the logging for the web client to see the traffic between the PBX and the LE cert bot. Is there anything?

When deleting the certificate, well getting it back is not easy in the current version. The reason was that the operation was essentially done every day and this caused a lot of unnecessary cert activity. Anyhow, in the next build the PBX will request a new certificate if you change the addresses for the tenant.