Tenant specific directory settiong

Scott1234

Just looking for a bit more info / guidance on this option under Settings -> Network -> Ports

The Read content for global and domain files, the option, attempt to read files from tenant-specific directory. Not documented. 

How do we make use of this and allow for a customer directory? I ask as when using a wildcard  DNS setup for customer domain ID's when you want to establish a team's SBC you need to verify the domain on MS and in doing so you need to create a static txt record that then breaks the wild card option for that domain, if I can place the txt file verification on the PBX side instead in a customer folder that is read when the customer URL, i.e. https://customer.pbx.com/ms12345.txt is requested I can avoid having to statically set DNS to auth the SBC on MS.

I know way back when in the old days I recall a folder on the PBX with copies of all the config files extensions generated etc with the customer id as the folder, is that was this is?

Would this scenario work with this option enabled?

11 hours ago, Scott1234 said:

The Read content for global and domain files, the option, attempt to read files from tenant-specific directory. Not documented. 

How do we make use of this and allow for a customer directory? I ask as when using a wildcard  DNS setup for customer domain ID's when you want to establish a team's SBC you need to verify the domain on MS and in doing so you need to create a static txt record that then breaks the wild card option for that domain, if I can place the txt file verification on the PBX side instead in a customer folder that is read when the customer URL, i.e. https://customer.pbx.com/ms12345.txt is requested I can avoid having to statically set DNS to auth the SBC on MS.

I know way back when in the old days I recall a folder on the PBX with copies of all the config files extensions generated etc with the customer id as the folder, is that was this is?

Would this scenario work with this option enabled?

The path in the file system then would be xxx/domain.com/ instead of xxx for the system. Generally I would prefer to use the REST API to upload changes that affect only one tenant.

As for the DNS verification, if you are free to use any path, why don't you just use the tftp directory? For example you could put the file into https://customer.pbx.com/tftp/ms12345.txt. You don't have to enable reading from the file system at all for that.