Vodia Phone 2 (?)

VodiaUser

I found a new Vodiaphone datet March 6 2024. called vodia phone 2.

While this one does work similar to the other vodia phone (cannot dial from addressbook, phone app crashes), the dialer uses a design which makes it very difficult to hit the dial Button.

I enclose a screenshot.

Screenshot_20240328-161843.jpg

Sony XZ1 Compact. Font Size: default, Display Size: default. Resolution: 720x1280, OS: Android 9.

Btw. If you are in the process of developing the App, maybe you could also fix the problem that I am unable to use my addressbook to dial a number? I already submitted the android crash log, but I dont how how long it takes from Germany to you?

I have not played around much with the new version. So I will try to tell what happens with the old one. It basically behaves the same:

I try to dial from either the andoids phone app or from the personal address book, or from the address book in the android for work profile.

Result is: The Screen of the andrdoid dialer (?) pops up, aksing if I want o to make the call using Vodafone or Vodia. I choose vodia. Then the call seems to start, but then it even does not connect to the PBX. I can make several attempts. The same result, or, the android messages that vodia phone keeps crashing. 

I then tested an android app called "groundwire". This also can be connected to the Android phone as a callingaccout. If I use this app everything works as expected. 

I extracted the android crashlogs and sent them to support, about 4 weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Wether I use the Address book or the dialpad or my Exchange Addressbook: There will be no attempt to initiate a call, instead Android says the app (Vodia phone 2) is crashing. 

Do you have the Android crashlogs submitted to german support?

In the ticket system (or if yo prefer here), can you please upload a small video so we know exactly what we are talking about.

Opening ticket is recommended (if you already have a ticket, you can give us the number ticket here), so we can properly follow through and maybe also get one of these exact phones to test.

Thanks.

Hmh, I dont have a ticket number. I did send the android logs to the german support.

Here goes the video: I open the addressbook, open an entry, touch a number to dial.

What is not in the video:
If I restart everything, there will be no error message, instead, the system dialer will open, and it will show the number which should be dialled. Also, it looks like dialling is in progress (I could hang up), however no dialling will happen.
After subsequent tries it behaves like in the video.

ok.
yesterday i used the Vodiaphone, today I use the "vodiaphone 2". i dial from the number pad. Dialling from a contact of the phone directory will deliver the same result.
The first dial will start the native dialer, it will show the dialling screen but there wont be any connection. Further attempts are then only the message about the application crash.

The vodia-phone (not 2) will behave similar, however, Dialling from the number pad or from the phones directory will work.

Hmm I wonder if this could be one of those very rare Android phone or Vendor OS that does not allow the native dialer from other apps (which should be a no no but some of them do it).

When you installed the app, did the phone take you to a screen called calling accounts where you had to turn on a switch for Vodia Phone 2?

If it's available you should still be able to find it in the native dialer. In the native dialer, not the phone app, under setting then "other call settings" or "calls" (it's different with diff vendors), then Calling accounts, then active calling accounts, you should see Vodia Phone 2, turn it on to give Vodia app the permission to use the native app. But as I said this should have come up on initial install if your phone supported it, or on incoming call.

You can also open a ticket so we could share info for a video call/screen share if you want.

Thanks.

I think this is very unlikely because dialing works perfect when i use the Groudwire App instead. This program also uses the native dialer. With this I can dial from either the contact app in the personal as in the work profile.

Of course I enabled the option to enable the vodia App as a dialer account.

I rather think this a problem with android 9. But the vodia app should work with android 9.