Dial Plan Prefix Route Priority

Hello,

we raised this ticket with the support but no workable solution and I like to throw this open to the community for help.

we have 2 different trunks for the same destinations, currently, trunk  NGN_Global  operator should only route the prefix  +234 except calls to +234802* , we like to direct all calls matching +234802* to route to another SIP trunk provider VOIP_trunk  as against the primary trunk. But we noticed that calls attempt made to the +234 prefix were still going through the NGN_Global trunks. How do we set the trunk priority with a prefix?

Sample Dial Plan  see attachment

Most switches can A-Z terminations with the Least cost routing (LCR) I am not sure if Vodia supports LCR

dial plan.PNG

It should work, I think you just need either side as below.

1; +234802* | +234802*

2; +234* | +234*

3 +* | +*

Are users actually dialling with + but? probably not. So maybe. Assuming your carrier accepts the +

1; 234802* | +234802*

2; 234* | +234*

3 * | +* 

20 hours ago, Scott1234 said:

It should work, I think you just need either side as below.

the replacement side would just be * or leave blank?

On 5/5/2024 at 7:17 AM, Choicecloud said:

But we noticed that calls attempt made to the +234 prefix were still going through the NGN_Global trunks

isn't that what you have set?  Or did you mean +234802* ?  Are you dialling an international dial code as part of the pattern - try that instead of the +?