DEAD Snom 370 after firmware update & Dir listing on phone

Tom Waterman

I have 2 questions about the snom 370.

First, I have a snom 370 that was running firmware 7.1.30 and I upgraded it to 7.3.14 Now I have a nice BRICK. When I boot it the phone hangs or it will boot and ask you to confirm the language although there are no choices to choose from. You can exit out of it but the phone fails to work. I have tried downgrading and loading new and old firmware via the tftp option all with the same results. Anyone know how to fix this or where I can get a copy of 7.1.30? Thank for the help.

Second, I want to push down the domain directory to all phones on the network. Most are 370's. I have followed the wiki with negative results. I would appreciate any help as I am desperate.

Thank you

Tom

you can get all the firmware here: http://provisioning.snom.com/download/fw/

are you using PNP configuration? you shouldnt need to push a directory to anyone...

That is the problem that I have. I don't know why the PnP configuration does not work. I have followed the Wiki. When I boot the phone and log into it I can get pbx to assign the mac address to the users extension but the dir (phonebook) does not work. I have 2 deployments next week and another in a month or so. So I need to get this ironed out.

The firmware issue is solved. After downloading the original firmware the phone is working again! Now if I can get that phone book issue taken care of.

That is the problem that I have. I don't know why the PnP configuration does not work. I have followed the Wiki. When I boot the phone and log into it I can get pbx to assign the mac address to the users extension but the dir (phonebook) does not work. I have 2 deployments next week and another in a month or so. So I need to get this ironed out.

The firmware issue is solved. After downloading the original firmware the phone is working again! Now if I can get that phone book issue taken care of.

You can still perform a TFTP software update of the phone through the bootloader. That should also reset all configuration, including the one that is causing the problem.

Sounds like you need to call your distributor and get some help! :)

I am booked until monday but if you would like to schedule an hour I can show you how to deploy pbxnsip/snom with a webex session. (no charge). We are not an official distributor (yet) but we can sell you pbxnsip/snom product at VAR pricing and earn your business. Plus give you all the back end support.

email or call if need. 801-506-3400 or db @nexsip.com

David Burr