When calling into the system

pbxuser911

I have a few clients that are set up with a manuall service flag, i was wondering if there is any way to call into the system from anywhere and change the status of the service flag

I would also like to know if there is a way to change the night service number i have set in the Agent group

i understand it might be a security issue that anyone calling that customer will change things around when tryign to figure out someones extension etc, so maybe have a Special "Account Type" that will be for administrative modes and have a DID go to that Account and require to enter a Pin number, maybe even build a white list of only which number can call in and access that special account

i personally think this will be a very strong tool

I have a few clients that are set up with a manuall service flag, i was wondering if there is any way to call into the system from anywhere and change the status of the service flag

I would also like to know if there is a way to change the night service number i have set in the Agent group

i understand it might be a security issue that anyone calling that customer will change things around when tryign to figure out someones extension etc, so maybe have a Special "Account Type" that will be for administrative modes and have a DID go to that Account and require to enter a Pin number, maybe even build a white list of only which number can call in and access that special account

i personally think this will be a very strong tool

Should be possible. When you call from a cell phone into an auto attendant, you should have the option to make an internal call - which can also be a service flag. I am not 100 % sure if it will work (did not try it out), but that is worth a try.

If you are not calling from a cell phone (just any inbound call), you could send the call to a calling card account, from which you can make an internal call. Same story.

i dial 070 which is the service flag, and all i hear is a 2 tone sound and the call gets disconnected. the service flag does NOT get changed

Check if the flag is in manual mode. The sounds are not very convincing (will be better in the next version), the beep is currently the way to tell if the flag is active or inactive. There are actually two beeps, check the audio_moh directory.

so this will only work for flags in manuall mode?

Lets put it this way: in manual mode it is clear what is going to happen.

The problem with the mix of manual and automatic is that nobody understands what exactly is going on.

I would also like to know if there is a way to change the night service number

Maybe you can combine two flags (or more). For example, one manual and another one automatic. Check the manual flag first, otherwise then check the automatic. This way you have additional flexibility, and it is still understandable. See http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Auto_Att...t#Night_Service on how multiple service flags can be mixed.