Call carry on ringing after hangup

random_seed

Running 3.2.0.3143 and I can't see any settings to change this. When I go to the PSTN Gateway settings. I can only see the attached fields and no mention of things such as "Detect Busy Tone" mentioned here http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Installi...P-PBX_Appliance.

I would turn polarity change off, this is usually just an unneccessary source of problems.

So you mean, when the call comes in on FXO, the PBX calls an extension, but when you hang up on the FXO side, the call keeps ringing?

Do you have "Requires busy tone detection" set to "yes" in the PSTN trunk in the domain? Looks like the carrier sends a busy tone, but the PBX does not recognize it.

Hi - Thanks for the reply.

I would turn polarity change off, this is usually just an unneccessary source of problems.

Set the Polarity detection to off.

So you mean, when the call comes in on FXO, the PBX calls an extension, but when you hang up on the FXO side, the call keeps ringing?

Yes, exactly. It only does this on the PSTN, I have a SIP trunk setup which operates normally.

Do you have "Requires busy tone detection" set to "yes" in the PSTN trunk in the domain? Looks like the carrier sends a busy tone, but the PBX does not recognize it.

I think you're right. Where can I change these settings? I am from South Africa and it's likely that the system is using different call tone recognition.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Tim

I think you're right. Where can I change these settings? I am from South Africa and it's likely that the system is using different call tone recognition.

It is part of the "PSTN" trunk in the domain. The PBX tone detection is automatic, just looks for a beep beep beep pattern, then disconnects.

It is part of the "PSTN" trunk in the domain. The PBX tone detection is automatic, just looks for a beep beep beep pattern, then disconnects.

Okay so I assume the problem with the calls not hanging up is a separate problem? Damn, it's really annoying...

It takes approximately 6 seconds for the call to start ringing and about 10 seconds for the ringing to stop after hangup on the FXO side. The SIP trunk is immediate.

Thoughts?

Okay so I assume the problem with the calls not hanging up is a separate problem? Damn, it's really annoying...

It takes approximately 6 seconds for the call to start ringing and about 10 seconds for the ringing to stop after hangup on the FXO side. The SIP trunk is immediate.

Thoughts?

Is this anyway related to issue that is resolved in http://forum.pbxnsip.com/index.php?showtopic=2297&hl=

SIP trunks are great! They treat signalling seperate from the audio, and the other side does not have to guess what the call state is.

There are some carriers sending "Your call has been disconnected. Please hang up... Your call has been disconnected. Please hang up... Your call has been disconnected. Please hang up...". How would the PBX know that it should hang up? No kidding.

SIP trunks are great! They treat signalling seperate from the audio, and the other side does not have to guess what the call state is.

There are some carriers sending "Your call has been disconnected. Please hang up... Your call has been disconnected. Please hang up... Your call has been disconnected. Please hang up...". How would the PBX know that it should hang up? No kidding.

Not to be annoying, but how do regular pbx's detect this?

however they do it we need to do it...

cause i've never seen one that had this problem until i worked with voip... ;-)

we can complain about it but if we say we support pots then it should work?

matt