High Availability Functionality?

I recently had PBXnSIP in a test environment consume a large amount of cpu time & memory.

The PBX became severly less responsive to phones or trunks causing timeouts. The windows

service was showing it was running and responding. I was unable to go to the webpage to look

at the log or save configuration. It took about 5min but I was able to restart the pbx service

from the windows service manager and recover from the condition.

I found in certain environments I need to have more flexibility in testing and recovery. It would

be nice if there was a tool that would do a SOAP Ping or SIP Ping. Upon a failing condition of a

rule it would do a graceful restart of the pbxnsip service.

Ideally I would have the pbx service being run on another machine in an active or passive failover

or standby. Has anyone done clustering or high availability with pbxnsip under any os?

Thanks,

Isaac

I recently had PBXnSIP in a test environment consume a large amount of cpu time & memory.

The PBX became severly less responsive to phones or trunks causing timeouts. The windows

service was showing it was running and responding. I was unable to go to the webpage to look

at the log or save configuration. It took about 5min but I was able to restart the pbx service

from the windows service manager and recover from the condition.

I found in certain environments I need to have more flexibility in testing and recovery. It would

be nice if there was a tool that would do a SOAP Ping or SIP Ping. Upon a failing condition of a

rule it would do a graceful restart of the pbxnsip service.

Ideally I would have the pbx service being run on another machine in an active or passive failover

or standby. Has anyone done clustering or high availability with pbxnsip under any os?

I would use SNMP to check if the service is still up and responsive.

For Linux, we have written a script that takes care about failover, especially hardware failover. It periodically checks if the service is still there and restarts it if that should not be the case (in Windows, that's the job of the service manager). In Windows, we would need to have a little script that checks after booting up if the virtual IP is configured and if not, grab it and start the service. Probably also no rocket science.

For Linux, we have written a script that takes care about failover, especially hardware failover. It periodically checks if the service is still there and restarts it if that should not be the case (in Windows, that's the job of the service manager). In Windows, we would need to have a little script that checks after booting up if the virtual IP is configured and if not, grab it and start the service. Probably also no rocket science.

hi,

isn't the failover scripts/whatever in plans for next version of windows ver of pbxnsip?

tx

matt

are these linux scripts on the wiki?